Auto Shot, AutoSave and other must haves

rktFuel

On Gameplay: I REALLY miss the Auto Shot feature of the old Xcom Games! You know, where you can set your Squad members to reserve their Time Units for Auto Shot, so that the second they see an enemy, they just blast away (using snap shot or Aimed, depending on how you set it up)

Also: and Autosave option that automaticaly save your game every 10 minutes (or when you enter a new mission) would really rock my world!

I cant tell you how many times I've had to load up an old game and replay 6 (or MORE!) "game" days to catch up to the point where I totally messed up.

That is all :withstupid:

Auto Shot:

I would NOT like to see that in UFO:A

Reason? In X-com there were very little area-effect weapons, in UFO:A I would'nt be very happy when some bloke goes frenzy and starts shooting with rockets, plasma or any of the weapons on an alien who popped up behind the corner. Damaging the alien, himself and squadmates who were between line of fire.

AutoSave:

Why? Just use several savegames. I use saves in general and 6 saves in battle.

No problems with that :withstupid:

autosave is a thingy that you can't rely on.. what if it's saving itself on a "bad" moment?

So yea, I'm pretty much against those ideas ;)

Auto Shot:

I would NOT like to see that in UFO:A

Reason? In X-com there were very little area-effect weapons, in UFO:A I would'nt be very happy when some bloke goes frenzy and starts shooting with rockets, plasma or any of the weapons on an alien who popped up behind the corner. Damaging the alien, himself and squadmates who were between line of fire.

AutoSave:

Why? Just use several savegames. I use saves in general and 6 saves in battle.

No problems with that :withstupid:

autosave is a thingy that you can't rely on.. what if it's saving itself on a "bad" moment?

So yea, I'm pretty much against those ideas :D

Autoshot:

Noone said you had to use it, just that you should have the option ;)

(just like in xcom:apo)

Autosave:

The save/load thingy REALLY annoyed me. Some bug caused a 30second delay each time I pressed "save" or "load, and then some time to actually load a game.. In a game like this where you (read, I) generally mess up alot, waiting 40 seconds for every 40 seconds played is just a nightmare.

Autoshot:

Noone said you had to use it, just that you should have the option :withstupid:

(just like in xcom:apo)

Autosave:

The save/load thingy REALLY annoyed me. Some bug caused a 30second delay each time I pressed "save" or "load, and then some time to actually load a game.. In a game like this where you (read, I) generally mess up alot, waiting 40 seconds for every 40 seconds played is just a nightmare.

Autoshot:

when its optional, then ok. no problems :D

right now its all pausing when someone sees the alien. I find it much more useful, because maybe I must give all the squad new orders to deal with given situation properly. But when one guy just starts blasting that alien and others just wander futher, it can lead to catastrophe (thinking about those psi-and rocket aliens).

I play on max speed too, so I may not react quick enough. So that pausing is good enough for me ;)

Autosave:

I 'm aint saving very often, altho I had many savegames. I saved in a certain points of missions.

That bug is annoying but nothing very serious...

The problem with the system right now is that you kinda HAVE to give each char spesific orders.

If you select all your people and order them to attack a target, if there is any units that for some reason cant attack, this spesific unit will be selected and you will have to re-select all units again to have them attack more than once.

I often found myself in a situation where most of my men died because they only attacked once even though I thought I gave them order to attack several times.

Ok, that was two very long sentences which probably didnt make much sense.. sue me :alien2: