Multiplayer Madness

bloodchill

I believe i read somewhere that there may be multiplayer support eventually.

1 IS this anyway near true?

2. What would you like to see?

3 How would it work?

Hope you give me your feedback I would love it to be online my idea is that you command one person and other humans command a man and there are no pauses, you command your man but see the other teams LOS and help them out work co operatively maybe even team deathmatch?

What do you think

I think it would be nice, If you could play at hte same time, but in different missions. Also it would be great, if another player could take a role of Alien side, but it is really hard to do, because of the hybrid turn/real time engine. The problem would be that in any time any of the players would pause the game, it would pause on both computers, which would make it quiet annoying (like cooperation in Baldurs Gate). Anyway, a deathmatch option would be great. Just imagine having different maps you could choose (not random ones) and you could also choose which weapons would both teams have (for equality). Youwould have your team that would improve with each game you play and if someone in your team dies, you get new soldier, who is however a newbie. I still see some problems in the time system, but if are going to be a modification tools, everything can be done (even creating the xcom like turn based system).

AN Multiplayer mod forthe game would be cool but begs the question.

How is it gonna work?

Will it be 1 players game in the geoscape an players just log onto a mission, or will it be like a skirmish type game with u having a choiec on how good ur trooper is?

WIll it be where everyone has there own team an goes for the aliens or some players as aliens vs the humans???

Hows it gonna work.

Ur thoughts people. :withstupid: