Things I´m not sure

HXavier

First, i just got the game this morning and barely played it. I know I will have no time to check of it until saturday but im curious from what i seen, so if someone would kindly anwers to my curiosity call, i would love to hear it... :)

1. There is friendly fire in the game beyond grenades and rockets exploding close to team members? For the few missions I run, it didnt look so...

2. What means when a military base is "blimping red"?

3. What are the different kinds of UFOs and what they do?

4. How you get more recruits? Is totally random, or the number of bases you have influence that?

5. How much each research and engineer base makes things faster in their field?

Thanks in advance for any answer! :)

Btw, is possible to destroy whole buildings? :):)

I don't think small arms fire affects teammates I think they code it into the game as your people are smart enough not to shoot bullets when your member is crossing his line of fire.

If a military base is red with a radar blip going around I think thats where your chinook(helicopter) landed.

There's al lsorts of UFO's most of the ones you see at the start are reogranized human tissue later on you get into Man O wars and car crabs and fireticks the man uses psi powers ticks use fire and the car crab uses psi/electric power. Reticulans are what you'll face most though and they have a wide variety of alien weapons that they use, from rocket launchers to rifles to plasma guns that have a splash effect.

More recruits are garnered by influence and by projects such as ones youll get into by R&D that search through data of satellites, I never have a problem with people though because I'm a freak about keeping everyone alive in a mission so I don't let them die.

I don't know how much each base provides since projects take different durations but You don't really need many military bases at the start so go heavy on research at first. What I try to do is keep one military base in the middle of my main base location then a few on the sides to intercept.

I don't think it is possible to blow up a building, you can blow up cars and most types of walls and crates though.

If the base is turning red that means it's being attacked. Clicking on in should give you the chance to do a mission to save it, or you'll lose it and the surrounding area.

As far as I can work out, each research/development base will provide the same amount of research. i.e. if a project would take 6 hours with 1 base it will take 3 hours with 2 bases, 2 hours with 3 bases etc. So to work out how long something will take with another base added, a quick bit of maths is needed. new time to complete = (current bases*current time)/new bases.

Once you get base teleporters you just need military bases at the edge of your territory to help you get to missions more quickly (your squad automatically launches from the nearest one to the mission). Of course more military bases means more fighters to send out against ufo's....

Hope that helps