Is There any way to defend against the PSI GUN???

rking999

Im half way through capturing a downed Planter after retrieving the biomass sample and boy, the difficulty has become insane!

Outside Mission - My squad was dumped in an open space rather than in the corner of the screen and greys appear from everywhere with psi guns and launchers. Managed to kill most of the aliens though which i was well impressed with!! Picked up a few psi pistols as well to use on the inside...

Inside Mission - Squad started in a small room with two exits, both start opened which is a bugger. Basically i cannot do anything before a psi grey from both exists take out one guy each. Then there are greys with launchers that fire a few missiles in for good measure, and thats it. Lost count of the amount of times ive reloaded.... Tried to control the launchers with psi guy, but then a launcher from the other exit pops his head round the corner and its goodnight again...

If I didnt lose 2 men staright away I could have a fighting chance maybe... My guys have the psi defense helmets on as well - and there useless!!!

Quote from Pulp Fiction ("We shoul've brought shotguns...")

I think the Psi in this game is out of whack really, even with the best of defenses you would be extremely lucky to resist once. In the old X-com you at least had a chance of resisting a few attacks before they got you. Here though it's like boom and they have you. My best defense is to save often and have two people with heavy rounds, then if I know an alien is abut to round a corner and zap me I just fire a few rockets before they do and knock them out before they get to see me.

I tend to agree, even with the enhanced psi helmets you don't stand a chance of resisting.What's the point then?The only thing to do is to always have a couple of your own guys ready with psi projectors and claim back your soldier.On some missions psi weps seem to be the only means of survival.Very useful for sure.

As to the the planter/biomass mission..I found it ridiculously hard as well.Infact the good flow of gameplay is more or less destroyed after the Russia mission-saving/loading constantly-it's a shame really..but thats another matter.

Have you tried quickly throwing a couple of smoke grenades to give you a few precious seconds?Also, outside, a semi-viable solution is to have a really fast soldier act as a rocket decoy,while the remaining team line up.

Another thing in regards to psi-projectors (which maybe self-evident), one doesn't need to have a line of sight to attack an enemy-but naturally the target has to be spotted by someone initially.

Good luck