This Dang Biomass

SinfulSaint

Bloody nora!! Picture this i just spent literally hours capturing five bases one after the other in quick succession. Two minutes of real time and i lose those five bases. Another ten minutes and i'm starting to lose a significant number more of my hard earned bases without a fight(had 25 now only 12)! God dang. That stupid crappy biomass is quickly destroying me and there's nothing i can do about it. It's already covered over half the world.

Is there some way to stop it or have you just gotta complete the game before it covers the whole world (which'll probably take another month at most!0

I have now found myself in the same boat had 30 odd bases the whole of europe africa the states and now i have no bases in the us or asia only africa and eastern europe.

I have downed a Planer but it's in thick highland dense terrain which means i get flawed easily cos i cannot fend off the alien scum any ideas i have tried changing to earth weapons without much success i even ran one man through the entire lot of em and got to the second part of the mission with out getting killed but he gets mauled because they come from multiple directions any pointers?

also does anyone know if there are any tanks in the game? :rolleyes:

Yup, the entire Antarctic was covered and most of South Africa on my game. Eventually, after waiting for ages, I got a mission in the Antarctic. By the time my en were nearly there in the chopper, another biomass mission popped up right next to one of my other bases. I wasn't best pleased ;):withstupid:

Be patient, as they will turn up. Try and expand in that general direction (difficult I know).

Seems to be one of those catch 22 situations... you need the biomass to be nearby so you get a mission on it (and even then it seems to take forever for one to come up on top of it) so you can get a sample, but at the same time if it starts growing quickly half of your hard won bases will get minced.

I was really lucky... managed to take down a planter on top of it and get the node material and biomass sample at the same time :withstupid:.

The worst thing is if you get a new growth appearing, you end up converting half your bases to biomass repulsion anyway, so whether they're swallowed up by it or not you're losing valuable research/development.

Planters are the cause of it, so concentrate your jets on taking down this type of ufo at the expense of the others. Otherwise you might find some nasty growths appearing within your territory ;)

I am still playing on easy. Shot down the planters so fast the biomass didn't grow more than a small spot the size of Ireland. Had 42 bases, everything researched.

I had to leave the Planters alone to do their job so I could get enough Biomass to have a mission so I could finish the game! :withstupid:

BTW I got the Retribution ship capture mission before I had captured any biomass samples.