Catalyst 3.8 troubles

systems

Hi,

I put the new Catalyst 3.8 drivers on last night. Everything was fine except in one situation:

On the world map, the game would run in slow motion whenever a helicoptor was flying. As soon as it landed, the game would be normal speed again.

I have submitted a bug report to ATI.

I put the 3.7 drivers back on and it was fine. Put the 3.8 back on and it was slow. Put the 3.7 back on and it was fine.

Anyone else with this? I have a Radeon 9800 using X16AF and X6 AA.

Got almost the same problem, strategic map slows down loads when time is passing, if its paused its fine everything is smooth, then when time is running it gets slow, especially at the fastest setting it gets jerky etc.

Only got an 8500, gone back to 3.7 cats. Dont know why i keep upgrading my drivers for obselete hardware :laugh:

The 8500 isn't obsolete yet (it's what I upgraded from incidentally). It's the speed of a GeForce 3 Ti but with the features of a GeForce 4 Ti (plus TruForm) - still good enough for anything that doesn't run with DX9 features.

It'll run Max Payne 2 fine, if you're going for that on the 24th.

Yes, I have the same problem.

In the beginning it was smooth all the time. But now when the biomass is growing larger the game lags a lot.

I thought it was my tiny memory first (got 256 mb ddr pc2700) but maybe it's catalyst 3.8.

I wonder when I will learn the main rule: "Don't get rid of drivers that works flawless." :hmmm: