loading save bug! please help

Dist

several times ive had game crashes, normaly its not a problem because i save often. but after my last crash the game gave me an error about the save description when i went to the load screen. so, i tried the same thing the other person with this problem did, deleate the desc files. now when i go to the load page, it can go there without errors. but now i get an error when i actuly click on the save and click load i get another error. the error says something about a file kvfs.cpp or something like that, line 119 or something, then it has the name dir of my save and save name, like "profiles\dist\save34.vfs" then says BAD CRC. does any1 know how i can fix this without loosing my save game? i cant restart, im so close to compleating the game, i just started pushing back the biomas and can start reseraching for the nme hive or whatever its called, the mothership thing in space.

Kret, you know what your parents always say 'bout layzness....you'll go blind... or am I getting confused with something else.... :laugh:

Anyway on the "official" boards Kret Wrote.....

You could try one of the vfs tools at www.ufoaftermath.co.uk site so it recalculates the CRC (MD5 actually), but in the most likelyhood that particular save is damaged and thus useless to restore from. If this is the case, then try just deleting that file (save34.vfs).