UFO Fanfiction Discussion

Carlos the Jackal

Underwater base! That'd stop 'em! :(

Maybe the aliens stop attacking because you kill a Commander? Maybe they don't share knowledge.

Another thought, maybe they decide attacking that base is a bad idea, once they lose an enitre Battleship crew to it.

(As opposed to just a Battleship. Hmm. Maybe that doesn't make sense after all. :( )

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's... 'freaky'? :(

A few thoughts on Genega's adventure -

I figured that Genega was knocked out the night before Terrick raided sci. And that's how I wrote it in my last fic post. I also noted that it didn't make sense to have two incidents happen in as many nights, as the guards would be edgy on day two.

However, that doesn't mean that it couldn't have been Terrick who knocked out Genega!

Perhaps Terrick needed to photo some docs for his Company. Given that he's working under duress, that could explain why he risked working two consecutive nights.

Alternatively, someone else could have attacked Genega. Perhaps the same person who killed the cameras.

But I think it makes sense to tie it back in to Terrick. Perhaps another Company 'employee'? The thing is, if you throw in too many subplots aside from the aliens, it all gets messy. Too many characters/stories going off on a tangent, and X-Com ends up forgetting to fly to Cydonia.

Nothing. It's a very Zen philosophy, which ensures I cannot be taken by surprise, no matter what the time or event, no matter the perpetrator or the manner of their supposed 'surprise'. :(

Except for, er, faux subliminal messages in yellow.

Working on my squad 3 post now. These are the members:

Paul Jasper

Cynthia Dietrich

Jenette Goldstein

Igor Zhandovich

Nathaniel Jacobson

Charles Bruheme

Alexander Fitzwilliams

Abdul abu Rahman

Isaac Rubenstein

Francis DiNapoli

If you 'orrible lot could check out their profiles of the new group (the last four) and point out any obvious errors my near-omniscient brain has missed, I'd be so grateful. :(

Uh, what happened to William Paxton, Trevor Steedman and Michael Biehn?

Hrm, at my count, squad 3 had nine units to begin with. You've removed three, and added four.

Do you want I should wipe the mystery three, or um... what?

My brother read your character profiles and now he wants to hit me in the head with a pool cue.

Now look what you've done.

Abdul abu Rahman. Have you actually tried pronouncing that? :(

Well, I thought I'd get rid of the movie stars, if no-one objects too strongly, and why the living Hell does your brother want to hit you with a pool cue after reading the character profiles? Am I being blamed for inspiring violence now? Is this some faux-parallel to the Manhunt/Daily Mail issue?

And Abdul abu Rahman is pronounced "Abdel abu Rachman."

So there. :(

Then I'll chop them off my Amazing List.

My brother is younger then me, and thus he is a saddist. The word 'Jew' caught his eye, I believe, and even I can't work out where his mind went with that. My attempts to explain only resulted in him attempting to insert the cue into my ear.

He often tries to bully me. Eventually, I snap, and then he gets hurt (ever had a cushion whipped into your eyes? It sure annoys ME). Makes me wonder why he bothers.

He doesn't try to punch me as often, now. I blocked one of his punches and he fractured his fist.

Movie stars? Um... maybe I should watch more movies. Or something.

*snip snip*

Sorry guys, I've been busy lately on a wiki for a honey of a mystery...

FullAuto: Yay, we can always use more characters, but using filler on the Squad 3 mission had the advantage of allowing a high death toll. Are you sure you wouldn't rather bring your new chars in as replacements after the massacre of the movie stars?

Not to mention the Squad 3 members were already listed in one of my fic posts way back when the squads were forming up - "Email from Jenny"

Well spotted by the way, and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which movie starred all of those actors. :(

'Aliens' is the only one as far as I know. :(

I'm fine with bringing these new characters in just to be killed off, but if there's a problem because the movie stars have been mentioned before, they can wait until after the terror mission to be brought in. I don't mind. I can always come up with more characters.

*shrug*

Modelled on every drill sergeant ever. :(

I'll let you lot decide, as I don't really mind. I just thought the movie stars were there to fill spaces til someone came up with characters. But if you want to let them die and then bring in the new ones, it's fine by me. On the other hand, we can bring in the new ones, have them killed on the terror mission & I'll come up with some more.

*SHRUG*

JFG: Trevor Steedman? How obscure can you get? I only know him because during 'Snatch' I remember looking at him (he plays one of the boxers) and shouting "Him! Where do I know him from" After my housemates had stopped hitting me, I looked it up on imdb. He's in 'Aliens' for about five seconds.