UFO Fanfiction Discussion

Carlos the Jackal

Just posted. And I know it's a bit soon for another UFO but I didn't know what else to write about! Besides this'll be the one that gets away.

Feel free to use Trigger however you wish! Just be sure to follow his character to the letter. If you've been following the fic this far you'll know what that is :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to have a rant about the size of recent fic posts but I've just read Snikers addition and it's good stuff for such a small package so I kind of don't have the heart now :) Nevertheless, trhese posts ARE getting too short. Ali excused himself and I know a lot of people have posted fic installments of this average size before (I know I have) but having two right next to each other just makes it look like noone is trying! Come on people we have some good stuff coming out of you all but lets see if we can get it bit more ok

Remember, in the fic it's quality AND quantity :)

I'm not saying make them long but look at the sie of an average post. They're all at least twice the size of the last two we've had. I remember putting it in the fanfic rules which I think some people should reread. The only restriction there is on the minimum size of a post is how it reads. Imagine how the fic would be if the post wasn't included. If it still reads ok then either add to it or don't do it!

Snickers, anything that fits on one page in Word isn't too long in my book. (The colllected fanfic so far comes out to 145 pages, by the way.)

A couple of bits from my next post others may find relevant:

"Acting Corporal Escalante has the squad assignments."

Hiroshi pulled a folded piece of paper from his breast pocket and read from it as he stood.

"Keller, you'll lead Wexford and Wethers in Red team. Gaston and Kilam, you're with Dujardin and I in Blue team."

"Green team will consist of Andrews, Ross, and Green."

this UFO escapes but

"Two UFO's in two days?"

"What are the odds we won't see another one for a week?"

Two days later the scramble alarm sounded again.

It's just a skeleton of a post at the moment but this is how it ends.

Warlord had the AC so Kilam has the HC (40mm). Hiro and Poison are good grenadiers. Gaston has grenades and satchel charges as the demo expert.

The scramble alarm probably has a unique sound (compared to the fire alarm, say). Comes through the room speakers so other squads can sleep through it?

Vet writes the pilots as excited to scramble and interrupt their beauty sleep, maybe they see it as a status competition. I guess they're not bored or tired of the process yet but they will be later on :)

Snickers, the hyperlink version might be easier to read. I've added Ki-lam just now.

Vet, the post's slouching towards bethlehem but if it's not up today it'll be up Sunday. Anyone else got a post in progress?

I keep coming up with ideas for the squad2 and squad3 mission so those'll be fun to write. The second ground mission still needs some interesting hook to move the plot along though, something we didn't get from the first UFO. I'm thinking geological scans.

If we had a bit longer between them we could have the motion scanner prototype... Although maybe it would be more fun to have that in the terror mission. Have the scout kind of walk around for a while and sudddenly *blip!* Hey guys I have something! *blip blip blip* uh guys... I have more things... *blip blip blip blip blip blip* you have got to be kidding me :)

Who cares if he isn't coming anymore? He's still welcome here and that's what counts... Besides for YOUR information he is still a member as his account is still active. We're not killing off any controlled characters, no matter who they are.

And maybe you should try reading the last three posts in the discussion before you make your next post. You've been spamming lately like you're waiting to die!

Kitty: Squad numbers are listed on character sheet, see link in my last post.

Most of my next post:

The tiny UFO's image on the gun camera looked to Trigger like an Apollo capsule. He was just close enough to see it's rapid descent into the cloud layer over Sri Lanka. He began a circling descent.

Cheeseman was pushing the 'Ranger at it's maximum closing speed. He was still five minutes away when Trigger shouted "It just took off! U-2 is airborne"

After it! After it!

I've got it on the radar. Range 20 kilometers.

The UFO is bearing 183, bearing 183. That's southbound into the Indian Ocean.

Follow it in case it turns inland.

It's useless. he's heading for space.

If anyone wants to flesh this out or rewrite it, please do but say so here! Otherwise I'll add it to the story in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to decide on that myself. Noone cares what Warlord does anymore because he's not coming back but there are a lot of other people in the squad so I thought I'd put it forward for approval before I did it.

I forgot we weren't shooting at UFOs yet... That's a bummer... Hmm... I don't know how he could have done it then... I'm sure someone will trhink of something! I can edit the post as a last resort but there's a nice bit of development to be had from it I think.

Oh yeah, cheers JFish :) Means a lot coming from you! My hero :)