What strange/funny things happened to you?

Groovechamp

Well, as they were being friendly again, they let me buy their stuff. They just continue to refuse any cash incentives I decide to 'offer' them to speed up the process of making amends and still continue to refer to the aliens as their friends even though they hate their guts.

The overspawn's a real laugh - so much that I don't even care to intercept them anymore.

- NKF

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yes, the CoS srtartings is different with each game i relised. sometimes they are neutral, some unfriendly, and of course, hostile.

personally, i kill overspawns when i see them (that was only once). and they went streight to my allies as well. then it was crushed by a falling building. https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/smile.gif

The idea with the cult is that they wish to be allied with the aliens. At the start of the game you haven't DONE anything to the aliens, so they don't really care about you at all. As you start turfing them out of buildings and trashing their ships, the Cult gets annoyed at you.

Of course, given that they'll hate you regardless, they make a good target for those stress relieving raids.

Next time I see an Overspawn, I'm going to cpature it live, no matter HOW many reloads it takes me. https://www.angelfire.com/games3/jeffy90/images/smilies/killcrazed.gif

Speaking of Megaspawn, I recently had a rather amusing encounter with them. I had a soldier with two swords rush through its disrupter beams and dimension missiles (wiped my shields out immediately) so that I could rip the megaspawn to shreds at short range (try it, it's amazing!), guess what it goes and does? It runs away!

My soldier was a bit exhausted at the time and could only walk. I was like 'Hey! That's not fair. Get back here!' and spent a lot of time just chasing after it until it stopped in front of a wall.

I thought it would've stood its ground and blown my soldier to bits. Guess I was wrong. :blink:

- NKF

• 3 months later...

-Once i saw the police destroy a mothership without my help.

-Another time i saw a culty with shields, devistator cannons, and cloaking on week 2. He was the only culty with that stuff while everyone else has had disruptors.

-Saw a UFO hit another UFO with a stasis missle.

-A cult craft was shooting at my hawk and hit a marsec building. Soon a whole fleet of hawks came out and begain attacking the cult (and its building). A Marsec hawk missed and hit a Megapol building. Marsec and Megapol begain the biggest air battle ive ever seen.

-Once an alien attacked a Diablo Slum and while the ships where tacking off a piece of the building fell on top of the air bays destroying about 10 diablo ships.

-One time i was at a slum (the ones with the middle elevator and supports on the ground level) and was waiting for the aliens to come out the building. To help pass the time i was shooting at the roof (which is the lowest floor of the slum homes) with a devistator cannon. One shot blew a hole in the floor and a blue alien fell to his death.