Raging War

Packers

After completing Apocalypse, I reloaded a game before entering the dimension gate and thought it would be fun to rage war on the city myself :(

Of course, due to my superior alien technology, I raised the entire city to the ground. Using 20 Retaliators and 10 Annihilators I was able to destroy all buildings and any craft foolish enough to attempt to stop me.

After doing this I would then raid all the companies, obliterating the "rent-a-cops" stationed within, and causing maximum structural damage... :( .... great fun.

When all organizations turned hostile against me, i would simply pay them all off.... wait until the city was rebuilt.....and do it again :devil:

:power::laugh::D:D

War Is Hell..... Does anyone else do this sort of thing?

Call me weird, but I extract a lot more enjoyment by buying two road vehicles, either blazer turbobikes or stormdogs, and then have them attack each other. They won't shoot at each other, but they will chase each other all over the city. I don't know why, but I find their random driving behaviour to be rather amusing -- until they get stuck in a short loop. Pity you have to provide your own car chase sound effects.

This gets dull very quickly, so I'd only recommend it for the easily amused. :power:

- NKF

You could always attempt to liven up the destruction attempts, by only using ground vehicles. Now THAT would get interesting. Imagine your platoons of Stormdogs and Griffon AFVs tearing around the city, duking it out with hoverbikes, hovercars, Hawk Air Warriors, etc.

Only problem is that if the road under said vehicle is destroyed, so goes your squad.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
nah, u guys no nothin about fun! wat u do is hav one car racin down the road and hav the otha on manual. ova take it and try not to get it crashed. another one is let the auto car go down the raosd the the manual car on the other side of the road and race 'em. and yet again, try not to crash. or u could make them crash by forcing the manual car to the auto car on the side.....fun, fun fun!

In summary I think Kitat is just saying that manual control of ground vehicles is fun.

Fun indeed, you can hop lanes, race cars side by size, stop in the middle of the road even ram cars head on. But it's rather pathetic when you ram a Blazer turbo bike with a Griffon tank. The tank just blows up in a blaze of glory.

Now, really, logically, the tank should've squashed the blazer...

Oh well. :power:

- NKF

Manual control.

Just switch lanes and crash into an oncoming car, or stay in the same lane and speed up and terminally hit the bumper of the car in front (the AI doesn't move most ground or air vehicles at their true maximum speeds, see). Sad thing about road vehicles is that they're all terribly fragile. Any two vehicles colliding will be instantly wiped off the map, regardless of their mass, armour/shields and hit-points. Hence why a cheap blazer turbo bike can wipe out a Griffon AFV with one hit.

The AI rarely if ever lets road vehicles crash without some direct intervention from the player. But it can crash some cars if it's got a really long convoy of them getting muddled while trying to navigate an intersection. Saw this happen once when I purchased a really huge shipment of Stormdogs.

- NKF

Saw this happen once when I purchased a really huge shipment of Stormdogs.

Times like that I wish you could file some sorta insurance claim. Had my Elerium shipment(I was down to 163, not even enough to rearm 1 plasma gun) destroyied by the police cause they didn't like solomine

Thankfully, no.

But if there were air collisions, air combat would be far too easy.

I mean, just imagine buying one hoverbike and ramming it into a battleship and they'll both disappear in a puff of logic...

Way too easy. :power:

- NKF