Help on research...

Nutguy

I'm quite new at the game (I'm actually playing it for the first time odd as it may seem) and have encountered some problems regerding the research tree. The research topic I can't get into is the "Alien life cycle". Now, I 've seen at a site that the prerequisites for it are the "Multiworm", "Multiworm Autopsy", "Multiworm Egg", "Multiworm Egg Autopsy", "Chrysalis", "Chrysalis Autopsy". The problem is that I've already researched all of these and it doesn't show up. First of all, are the prerequisites correct or am I wasting my time here? Secondly, does the fact that I researched "The Alien Genetic Structure" after all of these have anything to do with it? And last, but not least, can I get to "The Real Alien Threat" (and the much needed Toxin C it enables) without the life cycle?

Thanx in advance...

I'm a little rusty on my Apocalypse research prerequisites, but have you researched the brainsucker, the brainsucker pod and the autopsy as well?

Your second problem: No.

Your third: Well, considering all the prerequisites for the alien life cycle are needed to get The Ultimate Threat, I should say it is. It consists of almost all the alien types you'll meet in combat -- including the micronoid aggregates, which can only be stunned with stun-grapples or psionic stun (which is next to impossible in most cases).

The only aliens you won't be needing are the alien queen and the overspawn (not to be confused with the Megaspawn). The overspawn is a cityscape-only godzilla-sized alien that really doesn't contribute much to research, so don't worry too much about capturing it. The queen is only needed to advance toxin-c to anti-alien gas, the air-borne version of the toxin, which is terribly potent stuff.

- NKF

Brainsuckers, their pods, their corpses, as well as anthropods, spitters, poppers and skeletoids (all with their corpses) have been researched. The only aliens I haven't researched yet are the micronoids, and the various spawns just because I haven't encountered them yet...

Hmm, odd. I can only suggest you keep capturing living specimens of every alien you bump into along the way that you have not yet researched.

You might want to go back and doublecheck your completed research topics. I had a similar problem once, but it turned out I was missing a live specimen of one of the aforementioned prerequisites. It's unlikely, but have a look anyway. (Yes, sorry, I know it's not the most helpful of advice.)

If it still doesn't show up at all, well, you can still win the game as long as you have an interdimensional troop transport.

By the way:

For the micronoids, you find them in the first alien building and alien bombers (those nasty bright green alien ships that shoot the multi-bomb missiles). Beyond these two areas, you won't find them anywhere else except possibly in the final mission -- which is a tad too late.

Megaspawn and Psimorphs are abundant in the alien buildings and a number of the larger ufos. Pretty hard to miss them, as they're huge.

- NKF

eeeehhh... heh heh... Actually I'm an idiot... Your advice was more helpfull than you thought as it was the solution to my problem since I hadn't researched a live specimen! I don't even have it in the containment. See, I hated the buggers and kept killing them!

:power::laugh: :angel:

Thanx for your advice!