How can i get the weapons......?

xtreme

hi i want to ask somethin i played the game once and i smashed the aliens on novice skill of course. However i find interesting *.PCX files in the UFOPEDI directory of some weapons and utilities that i can't research or found can you tell me is it possible to research or steal or whatever them ???

You can find a 'mind shield' when attacking Marsec buildings, particularly the arms depot.

All the other weapons need to be installed with an editor like XED (although you have to edit its configuration file to enable these items).

None of them work exactly as intended, and some of them even diseappear when entering the battlescape.

The two items that do have some sort of function are the mind shield and the dimension destabiliser .

The mind shield gives you a boost to your psi-defense (which becomes permanent if you exit the battle when the device is still turned on).

The dimension destabiliser (the X-Com version of the disrupter guns) shoots fast but does no damage to the aliens. It completely destroys personal disrupter shields though -- even a soldier carrying 4 - 5 PDS shields will have them wiped out in only a few short bursts from the destabiliser.

There's a couple of other items that can be activated, but they don't appear to have much in terms of tactical use. There's a tracker (used with another device) that doesn't seem to do any better than a motion sensor. There's the psi grenades, that don't appear to deal any damage or sap any psi energy.

- NKF

the multi tracker and the tracer gun... used as a pair. they were supposed to let you tag people/aliens with the gun and follow their movement with the multitracker.

psi grenades... well, if you edit them to stun damage they make nice small area effect flashbangs :power: they even have the nice flash/explosion noise

Well, it stops all psi-capable aliens from mind controlling you. But it won't stop the lesser psi attacks. Only androids are truly immune to psionics (mostly because the alien's with psi and brainsuckers don't actively attack them by the look of things).

- NKF

yeah maybe you are right i haven't played the game so much cause sometimes it becomes boring with all these reports for alien infiltration .... it's always the same : go there kill the aliens or capture some of them alive or new ships come to the city i crash them then kill the aliens in the ships and always the same thing all the time .Maybe after a fey more games i'll find a way to reduce the reports or to KILL most of the SHIPS. However you are right about the androids but the problem is because my men have taken some EXP and they are already better then the androids i can buy so i think there is no reason to buy them. :power:

I like to be on the safe side and have at least one android on the team. I tend to get a bit cocky at times and often lose an uber-soldier to a stupid brainsucker. As an adaption of the saying goes, it's not how strong your soldiers are that matters. It's how you use them.

Besides, against psi-morphs and micronoids, your androids can just walk right up to them and knock them senseless.

As for your infiltration problem -- investiages EVERY site the aliens drop their payload into as quickly as you can. If you don't have a photographic memory, send hoverbikes to mark the buildings the aliens drop their payload into. By promptly investigating the sites, you can probably reduce the spread of the aliens before it gets ridiculous.

After dealing with the primary three sites, leave your hoverbikes where they're parked for a bit. Check your graphs for any spikes in infiltration. If there are any, go to the overhead map, and select the affected company's icon in the relationship bar to highlight their buildings. Investigate the buildings nearest the drop-sites -- at least about one or two blocks away (hence why I mentioned temporarily leaving the hoverbikes there as markers).

If done right, you'll never hear that dreaded siren again apart from the first mission.

To stop infiltration altogether, you must take direct action and destroy their UFO fleet in the alien dimension itself. You'll need some good interdimensional ships for this though. Send in a sizeable force every sunday night and destroy each and every one of their ships. It's at the very end of the week (specifically at midnight) when the new ships are buit, see.

Take on the ships one at a time, and remember to give your ships plenty of time to recharge their shields.

If you get your soldiers to destroy the building right after the maintenance factory (the control centre? Command centre? Somethings like that), production of ufos will stop. Once this happens, Mega Primus will never be attacked again.

- NKF