Thorondor

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

From the depths of space comes a Starcraft II beckons. Should you be one of the chosen, Blizzard will soon have you come to the Heart of the Swarm for their now-revealed multiplayer beta test.

As relayed by the Overmind:

The Heart of the Swarm beta test has begun! This multiplayer-only test will initially be limited to a select group of pro-gamers, members of the press, Arcade contest winners, and shoutcasters.

Beta test participants are not under NDA, so you're likely going to see live streams of matches, screenshots, and casts of impromptu Heart of the Swarm throwdowns starting... mmm, NOW!

We will soon be inviting other players to participate in the beta, so be sure you've opted in by clicking on the "Beta Profile Settings" under the Account Management section of your Battle.net account (or just click here). Signing up from a Battle.net account that's actively playing StarCraft II will help your chances of being selected. Note that opting in doesn't guarantee beta access.

We'll also be working with several fansites and community personalities to provide more opportunities to join the beta test, so keep an eye out here and throughout the StarCraft II community for details as they emerge.

These stirrings appear to confirm that the brood continues to grow and evolve at a fast clip, signaling a potential hatching may not be too far away now - likely late 2012 or early 2013.

When i first heard of them "splitting" the game into 3 parts I felt that they were trying to milk it, but after seeing that the single player has just about as many missions as either SC1 or Brood War and the multiplayer has all 3 races to play with I stopped thinking that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...