#1 gorgias96

new
gorgias96

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

I love the MODs published. Okim and DerelictableX are great modders and have done an excelent work. So i would like to merge both works. They are incompatibles. IŽll have to select the best  from each one and combine them.

IŽll take the weapons and items from ACMOD and the maptemplates and new maps from CONSEQUENCE.  But before that, i need to know how the game works about these questions.

About weapons and armors there are a lot of information, but about maps and different types of missions, not.

So  Could anybody explain me how this file "missiontemplate.txt" works and those files related to it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;UFO2CFG
;KEYWORDS template_phase_1#template_phase_2#template_phase_3
MissionTemplate RECORD
  ListOfMissionTemplate ARRAY 585
    SubMissionTemplate RECORD
      id INT 1
      name STR "Factory1"
      _missionenvir_name STR "Factory"
      climate STR "Temperate"
      use INT 1
      phases INT 1
      deploy_1 INT 1
      deploy_2 INT 0
      deploy_3 INT 0
      template_phase1 STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/humans/military_old/military_old_entrance_02-sub.cfg"
      template_phase2 STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/na-missiont.cfg"
      template_phase3 STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/na-missiont.cfg"
    END_OF_SubMissionTemplate
      id INT 2
      name STR "Factory2"
      climate STR "Temperate"
      use INT 1
      phases INT 1
      deploy_1 INT 1
      deploy_2 INT 0
      deploy_3 INT 0
      template_phase1 STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/humans/military_old/military_old_entrance_03-tropic.cfg"
      id INT 3
      name STR "Factory3"
      climate STR "Temperate"
      use INT 1
      phases INT 1
      deploy_1 INT 1
      deploy_2 INT 0
      deploy_3 INT 0
      template_phase1 STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/humans/freighter/freighter_01-sea.cfg"
      id INT 4
      name STR "Factory4"
      climate STR "Temperate"
      use INT 1
      phases INT 1
      deploy_1 INT 1
      deploy_2 INT 0
      deploy_3 INT 0
      template_phase1 STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/humans/freighter/freighter_01-sea.cfg"
      id INT 5
      name STR "Factory5"
      climate STR "Temperate"
      use INT 1
      phases INT 1
      deploy_1 INT 1
      deploy_2 INT 0
      deploy_3 INT 0
      template_phase1 STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/humans/freighter/freighter_02-sea.cfg"

......... and so.........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also want  to add new maps and types of missions if it is possible.  THX in advance.

By another way  What modeling 3D tools you use to modding the game? I know and downloaded "MeaaovUFOEdit" and other ones from the files section. I need now a good, easy and compatible software to edit and create models. I have " blender-2.57b-release-windows32" Is it ok?

Any other advice about any subject related with modding will be wellcome.

THX again :P

#2 Okim

new
Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

Before you start working on this project i`d like to warn you - i wont give permission for any kind of ACM data usage in any kind of mods designed for community usage. You are free to use anything you need from ACM as long as this work of yours is used for home usage only - NO SHARING/UPLOADING etc. of any modified/combined ACM data.

Hope you understand and respect my authors rights.

#3 gorgias96

new
gorgias96

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostOkim, on 14th June 2011, 7:30pm, said:

Before you start working on this project i`d like to warn you - i wont give permission for any kind of ACM data usage in any kind of mods designed for community usage. You are free to use anything you need from ACM as long as this work of yours is used for home usage only - NO SHARING/UPLOADING etc. of any modified/combined ACM data.

Hope you understand and respect my authors rights.

OK, then, sorry for disturbing you. I won't publish any MOD with any data from ACM MOD in it.

Sorry again.

#4 DerelictableX

new
DerelictableX

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

You can download the standalone version of the map template changer tool from the consequence mod topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users