HELP PLEASE! Suddenly can`t do any air intercepts anymore!

Xenobuster

Hmm. I can try to be of some assistance. It can't get any worse right :)

First off. I think the speed is determined by knots? I may be wrong. But knots are equal across all nations. Whereas kmph and mph are two different things. Knots remain constant.

You said when you equip them with plasmaguns.

My problem is: after equipping all of my interceptors with plasmaguns I can`t intercept any UFO anymore!

Does that mean if they don't have Plasma Beams that you can still intercept? Or has it just been after you equipped them.

If this is so, try a new game but do not save and see if the problem persists. Also if you have a lot of X-COM Game Time and resources see if you equip a ship with 1 Plasma Beam and 1 Avalanche sidearm and see if you can intercept.

One other thing I can think of is if your ship had run low on fuel when you had the battlescreen minimised. This means the Interceptor would have disengaged the target while that battlescreen window was still minimised. When you get close and intercept a UFO again (and next time you do) make sure you check the top left of the screen for a tiny little box-window. That is the only other thing I can think of. :P

If both are wrong you may have to start a new game. Chances are if you just got and equipped the Plasma Beam, you can't be THAT far into the game.

I'm no expert on the technical problems, since it varies from player to player and their different computer configurations.

One thing about really old computer games is that a lot of them can behave very strangely depending on the processor speeds. In Dosbox, one thing you could try is alter the emulation cycles a bit. Either increase them or decrease them and see if that helps.

- NKF

I thought you couldn't launch until your craft were re-armed?

This is a bit of a long shot, but are you seeing the little craft thumbnail icon appearing on the left hand side of your screen, when your craft get close to the UFOs? If so, give it a click, might do the trick.

But yeah, more info would be good. Do you get the same issue if you remove the plasma guns, or start a new campaign?

Xeno, are you using interceptors or Firestorms? If it's firestorms, you have to wait until the UFO is closer. If interceptoors, the UFO's maybe faster, or just on the edges of radar range, and is outrunning your interceptors. Or they could have been recently out, and need to be repaired or refueled before going out again. It could be any number of factors.

Xeno, are you using interceptors or Firestorms? If it's firestorms, you have to wait until the UFO is closer. If interceptoors, the UFO's maybe faster, or just on the edges of radar range, and is outrunning your interceptors. Or they could have been recently out, and need to be repaired or refueled before going out again. It could be any number of factors.

Hi all - and thanks a lot for trying!

Unfortunately there`s no cure for my problem so far.

Right now I have one Firestorm, one Avenger and some (Earth) Interceptors. All equipped with plasma-guns. I didn

• 5 months later...

Sry Xeno, iam kind of late!

First of all excuse my poor written english.

Even though, i dont like to post at all, i feel responsible to do it anyways , (since Forum Post like these often helped me out of various sort oft Problems)!

So i decided to comment on your problem anyways, since i have had the same Probs. I can kind of guess how to further avoid this Problem, but no guarantee (not tested yet, don