The problem seems to be related to the ammount of Ram detected on your system. Anything above 2Gb apparently has this effect on the SS series of games.
I've found the following workaround online, but haven't tested the it myself. So see if it helps...
1. Click the start button and type "msconfig" in the run/search box.
2. Click on the "boot" tab.
3. Select the default boot setting (selected by default).
4. Click the "advanced options" button.
5. Check "maximum memory" and enter something below 2Gb (1896 for example).
6. Click "ok" and click "ok" again.
7. Reboot your computer.
Please be aware this does affect your entire OS. When you are not playing Silent Storm go back and uncheck the "maximum memory" setting. Reboot again...
And welcome to the StragyCore forums, Heinz Fiction.