Binkw32.dll Error

kenx423

I just purchased Age of empires III: The War chiefs, when I try to launch the game it gave me an error message says that it couldn't find the file "binkw32.dll", I downloaded it, and installed the file to "system 32" folder. It didn't work, I got another error message when I try to launch the game: "the procedure entry point_BinkShouldskip@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll". Help help,help,please!!!!!!!!!!

Games that use bink video install such file in the game's particular installation directory as each game uses a given version of the file, so registering the file into the system32 folder is a bad idea as it could cause other games to stop working properly or not to play some videos.

Where did you download the binkw32.dll file from? Does the game's installation folder contain the file?

On a side note, shouldn't we move this thread? I don't see the relation of S2, S3 or H&S with Age of empires.

• 3 years later...

That's what Matri just suggested, yes... Though as mentioned earlier, the game may use a specific version of the DLL.

Reinstalling it is your best bet, as the correct version should've been installed along with the game, and if that somehow failed you've probably got a bunch of other problem files to worry about. At least look around the game disc to see if you can locate a version of the file there.

• 6 months later...
My computer displays the problem that "entry point_BinkCopyTOBufferRect@44 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll". Can I correct this problem without having to reinstall it. Please Please help. I really want to play this game.

https://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/binkw32.dll/

You can get it from the above link.

Once you go to the above link click "Fix dll errors now" button.Worked in my case.

• 6 months later...
Download binkregisterframebuffers.dl from google and save it into the same file in your system 32 folder or search you're pc for binkregisterframebuffers.dl to find where it has If you cant find it download binkregisterframebuffers.dl from google and drag and rop it into the same file map as binkw32.dll