Floater Medic Research Bug?

Excelsior

Hello all, great site which has brought back many memories of Enemy Unknown and Apocalypse. I've recently started replaying what I think is the Gold Edition of UFO on the PC - my previous experience was on AGA Amiga years back. Having aliens move in less than 5 minutes and dealing with night time missions is, ah, interesting!

To the point. My game started crashing out when I researched a Floater Medic. This happened to coincide with a building completing, but I looked at the forums here and found one other mention of researching a Floater Medic causing this problem. Oddly, I could move around the UFOpedia section once its research showed up, but once I came out, that was it.

Having set the number of scientisist assigned to the project to 0, the research doesn't complete and all seems well, although I can't seem to delete the project from the research screen at all.

Anyway, great to see such a current resource for these games that looks this good. Very nicely done.

BTW, my website is about Star Fleet - I suspect some of you might be from the right era to remember it?