#1 baps

new
baps

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:17 AM

With UFO being one of my favourite games of all time, I was quite ecstatic to see a PocketPC version. Just wondering if anyone knows of any modding applications for the save games on this version? I found a thread on this forum about modding it but all it boiled down to was an app for splitting the exe.

#2 baps

new
baps

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

Update: Managed to find the entries for money, soldier stats and armor in the PocketUFO save games. I'll keep looking...

#3 Bomb Bloke

new
Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:17 AM

If you could send me a savegame, I might be able to show you your options. I haven't heard of anyone attempting to tweak the Pocket version yet.
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#4 baps

new
baps

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 5th November 2006, 10:17am, said:

If you could send me a savegame, I might be able to show you your options. I haven't heard of anyone attempting to tweak the Pocket version yet.

I've sent it to your hotmail address.  :D

#5 Bomb Bloke

new
Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:43 PM

I was kinda hoping that the PUFO developers had followed the UFO save file model, but given that the games have their differences and the original format hasn't been 100% decyphered, that was most likely too optomistic of me. Instead it seems the save is just a single file.

Just for the moment, I've attached the save so others can view it. I dunno if it'll be much help in this instance, but a look through the Wiki might help you out: Regardless, any info you come up with would be a great addition to that database!

Attached Files

BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users