CPU Move Time

johneh

I've thought about picking up the SS games but I seem to remember when the first one came out the reviews stated the CPU turns would take a long time to finish (5-10 minutes).

Can you guys tell me how long the CPU takes to complete it's turn from your experience?

The SS games sound great but I will get to frustrated if it takes the computer forever to move.

Thanks

5 to 10 minutes!? What kind of low end CPU were they using?. As far as I recall, in the most crowded scenario it wouldn't take more than 2 or 3 at worse and this was with an Athlon XP 2600

Totally agree with that comment. You will be looking at 2 minutes tops with some of the later missions with either S2 or S3 with today's "low end" PCs. And in any case you normally want to be paying attention to what the PC is doing in its turn so you can figure out where you are being shot from :lovetammy:

Get the games, read these forums. You won't regret it!!!

Well I'm glad to here that it is not as bad as I had heard.

To be fair I believe it was a preview of SS from a pre-release build.

As soon as I finish up Swat4 it looks like I'll need to pick up the Gold Edition of SS :D

Yes, get it! You won't regret it, of that I'm sure. But I recommend you to play Silent Storm before playing Sentinels, because I really missed some features of Sentinels when I played Silent Storm again. On the other hand, I did not miss the weapon durability... :lovetammy:

And if you have any questions about gameplay, mods or other technical issues, juts consult the forum. Even if your specific question hasn't already been covered here, there are enough passionate, and maybe even more important, skilled Silent Storm fans around to help you with almost anything. Welcome to the boards. :D

Welcome Johneh to one of the best series of games...ever. :D

Definately well worth playing mate....as long as you don't mind loosing many hours to this fantastic turn based strategy ( I guarantee you will !!! )

I've only recently started playing Sentinels so there are still some of us about to chat and help out if needed.

I agree with WangChangZhang...play the first silent storm to start with (after all, it was the original groundbreaker!)

......and dont forget the latest one, Hammer and Sickel too, once you have exhausted the others ( which I'm sure is impossible!!!)

Come join us.........ha ha ha :lovetammy:

The load times arent really that bad, its just the sometimes they are completely unneccessary. ie the computer moves this way, then that, then it lays down, gets back up, each round, as if it knows not what its doing ... but this is only what i noticed from the hammer and sickle demo, man that was terrible. Im playing thru SS:S and its not nearly as bad - I would definately recommend SS to anyone, especially if they already like TBS games.