Editor for GOLD SS3/3 has no weapon stats

Gox

I've been a long time fan, playing the games as they were released. In the meantime, one CD got lost, the other trashed, so I've recently purchased a GOLD EDITION. I've beaten both games over and over, this way or another, so I've decided to fiddle 'round with the weapons stats to put some bite into the old, long time ago solved situations... and in my editors for both SS there are only values for BMP, sound, trail speed ETC.

Where are the weapons damage, range, AP cost and that kinda stuff?

I've patched both editor and the SS2 game to 1.2 (that is, i've downloaded the patch and run the exe) but to no avail. In the tabs for RPG, RPG Weapons and RPG Item there are only the values for model of the gun.

Please help me to solve the weapons stats editing, 'cause I want to make a "Idiot mod". The idea is to use the worst soldiers, the cheapest ones, and to give them some extremly powerfull mother-of-all-battles WMD humongous weapons to break walls and stuff with it, because one of the strongest points of the game is destructability of the buildings. I want to explore that all the way, WITHOUT GOING INTO SCI-FI green beams and stuff, and console.

Now, wait a sec! As far as I can tell from that comprehensive tutorial is:

- the editor that goes with the game simply allow us to form the mods and implement them, but the real work in tweaking gun stats must be done outside of the SS2 or SS3?

- does it mean that I can, with the full SQL, simpy modify the data in the core game database file, and the game will perform accordingly?

(OK, I know that in that case I won't be able to switch between the mods and the original data, but it looks like an easier way to achieve my tweakings. I have couple of huge hard drives, there's enougg place for backing up the original :cool:

Is that the case? Will the full SQL do the job?

You'll need a database program. :cool:

OK, but what program? Is it that Blueshell (or something else KoMiK mentioned as a replacement)? Will the full SQL (not the one provided with the game, that's just an engine), I mean SQL Developer, will it do the job?

An that job is to change the core game database, no mods.

Please, I'm in the dark there ;)

The game ships with SQL Sever Desktop Edition, which you'll need, but this doesn't really let you view/change the data and run queries, which is what you'll have to do in order to review and edit the game stats. This is why you'll need a program (such as Blueshell or MS Access) to provide a front-end to SQL Server.

Also, I wouldn't suggest you try to change the core game file. I mean, you probably could compile a mod full game.db and replace the original with it, but this isn't a good idea and I'm not sure it would work. Why not just use the mods as intended?

I have always been a shortcut seeker (=lazyboy) so:

I just decreased character classes vitality points because increasing weapons min/max damage stats cause more to edit.

---Then objects and construction parts 'VPs' should be increased as well... and there is about thousand of those. . .

I decreased medical items affects because it was must be done thing - to keep the medics balance up.

Also going to increase grenades and explosions damage, wave and fragments range/damage stats... etc.

Bye.