Ivory

What, like "Excuse me, do you have a mirror in your pocket?"

"No"

"Oh thats funny, I keep seeing myself in your pants."

Or

"Excuse me, are you wearing any underwear?"

"Yes"

"Ah, my watch must be running fast"

Yep, stuff like that. Christ, even when totally pissed I have not resorted to those types of abomination.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your not really seelign yourself there are you.... :D

hows abotu this one 'do you belive in love at first sight or shall i walk by again'

i went into school (to teach) and a year nine student said this! i tried not to grin but couldnt help it! he looked so funny stood there! lol

i would NEVER laugh in a guys face-im far two faced for that :D

it was great he si in my class for sex ed in the next lesson (he hadnt know n that at the time) so we did a whole thing on chat up lines and stuff! lol they loved it :D

...and they had more idea than you lot i have to say!

i would NEVER laugh in a guys face-im far two faced for that :D

it was great he si in my class for sex ed in the next lesson (he hadnt know n that at the time) so we did a whole thing on chat up lines and stuff! lol they loved it :)

You mean you're using this stuff as teaching material?! :D

...and they had more idea than you lot i have to say!

:dead:

"Ok class, how many of you know chat up lines?"

*A veritable forest of hands*

"How many of you have had girlfriends?"

*A veritable forest of hands*

"Ok, being honest now, how many of you are lying about having had a girlfriend?"

*Once again, the veritable forest of hands doth arise*

"I see. Perhaps this is why you don't have girlfriends?"

This is why we know FA is a gentleman, despite his terrible chat-up lines - because he doth speak the language of chivalry.

Rather than chat-up lines, I tried to concoct something slightly wry, slightly complimentary, and always tailored to the situation. It's not always you can come up with anything that suits, but its phone-number-to-face-slap ratio was excellent.

But from my sister, who heard a few of these in her time:

"I like that dress, but it would look better on my floor."

"You must be tired. You've been running through my mind all day."

BB: "chloroform" - that's funny. see also https://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=020930

Chivalry? I know something about chatup lines back then, and I refuse to have anything to do with that sort of thing.

The custom of a woman wearing a ring to show that she is engaged or married dates back to a time when a woman was owned (there is no other word for it) by her man. It signalled that if you had your way with a particular woman, there would be an angry husband to deal with the next day (and who wants that when there are plenty of women around who aren't owned by anybody?). What she thought about these matters was considered to be irrelevent.

It gets worse: There were laws REGULATING wife beating. This was not out of consideration for the poor woman but to ensure that her screams didn't wake the neighbours. Thus it was illegal for a man to beat his wife between midnight and dawn.

You lot don't even want to know what a scold's bridle is.

And if all this and the ducking stool weren't enough, a man could always take his wife to the market and sell her as if she was cattle.

What I am getting at is that I have better morals than to treat a woman in a chivalric manner.

That's your problem, AT. You just don't love women enough.

The chivalric ideal of course has little to do with the realities of the situation, thankfully. Not to mention I doubt most of them beat their wives (I've no doubt it was more popular than it is today) as most of them probably didn't want their food flavoured with shit, their clothes left unwashed and stinking and the house a bloody mess. Any sensible man was nice to his wife. Because women are, mentally at least, a Hell of a lot tougher than men.

full auto YOU can come again :D

as for beign a gentleman, i think that even in this day and age when women want respect and to be treated as equal you can still be a gent, and a woman can still behave liek a lady. you can have the both, they arent mutally exlusive!

Well, off the cuff, you can't say none of them have self-respect, they're just behaving like hedonistic men, after all. Health risks aside, it shows immaturity.

Anyone remember the cure for immaturity? Was it experience + contemplation = wisdom?

If you LIKE one of these women, though, practice the art of sober or nearly-sober conversation and find out if there really is anything else in their interest-file besides sex and alcohol. If there isn't, then you won't like them for long. People have to have interests to be interesting in and of themselves.

OnTopic: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/chat-up-lines/index.html

the only one on the list that ISNT a chat up line is the only one that is midly excapatable...they are all pretty terrible! :D lol

...no to many people answering your question on woman who want one night stands-i find this interesting...i wonder why people dont wanna asnwer_do you feel that there is a right and wrong answer, do you think someone might get offened..interesting. in answer to your quetion, i dont think there is a universal answer to your question-and it is generally only answered from experience (or lack of it) makign it a bit ...difficult to answer in a straigh forward way :D

chat up lines dont work do they?? -anyone honestly had any luck with them before? - if they dont work....why are peopel still usuing them?? why oh why!

I have never been interested in one night stands. This is partly because I am a romantic and I belive that there should be a proper relationship betrween a man and a woman before they engage in the more physical aspects, and partly because of the health risks. We are not animals so sex should be more meaningful than a moment of drunken animal lust.

My first sex education lessons (which were in primary school) were mostly about a frightening new disease called AIDS. This was at a time when there were hysterical rumours that you could contract AIDS from things like a toilet seat. We were too young to understand what you had to do to contract AIDS, but we were sufficiently well traumatised by the message that it was bad news.