UK court convicts Afghan warlord

a big excuse for killing who ever they want

i dont recall saying middle-eastern country did i?

read my post i said fundulmentalist country not being able to do what you want read what you want

without being killed for it........yes there are plenty people over here beleve there way is best too

however many of them just rant and rave and dont bother killing peolpe(with the exception of the IRA and such) grief before the first gulf war?are you talking about racism that happend everywhere including

when westerners went to the east as for the war saddom deserved to be booted out he killed more innocents

than the allies did in both gulf wars put together severl times over(im well aware it was the americans that put him in the seat of power) you sound as if you agree with alot of the acts that terrorists comit empathisising with people is one thing but agreeing that what there doing is something else entirely :)

I don't agree with the things they've done, but I can understand WHY they did them. Their methods aren't particularly agreeable, but then again neither is 'bombing people back to the Stone Age'.

dont recall saying middle-eastern country did i?

read my post i said fundulmentalist country not being able to do what you want read what you want

without being killed for it........

Ok, would you mind telling me which Islamic fundamentalist country outside of the ME you were referring to then?

yes there are plenty people over here beleve there way is best too

however many of them just rant and rave and dont bother killing peolpe(with the exception of the IRA and such)

Not true. I was talking about the US and UK governments. Apart from that fact, what about people in the US who bomb abortion clinics? What about racists in the UK who put bombs in ethnic communities? There are plenty of nutters everywhere, of every age, race and religion.

before the first gulf war?are you talking about racism

No, I'm talking about all the Western interference that only exacerbated the situation. Since the 1950s.

saddom deserved to be booted out he killed more innocents

than the allies did in both gulf wars put together severl times over(im well aware it was the americans that put him in the seat of power)

Yes, he did. So we should have corrected that mistake the first time round. But we didn't. The first Gulf War was all the leverage a lot of very bad people needed to recruit fanatical muslims. It put a big hole in the Saudi government's legitimacy, and had Osama bin Laden (who up until then had been top of our Good Boy list) go totally bonkers.

But not all middle eastern nations are islamic fundamentalist India for example thats why i said islamic fundamentalist and not middle east :) im well aware that there are nutters everywhere of every race colour

and creed but this has increased since the bombings

it is a shame that inocent moslems are targeted ufortunatly many of there nutters do not have the brain power to investagate and search out the real threat.......you'll find one religion that takes no part in interfering

taoisem(people whom preach in that are few and far between)thats one of the reasions its one of my favourites.I dont think bin laden went bonkers i think hes perfectly sane and thats whats scary

oh and whats this "we" and "our" stuff as i recall i wasnt or ever have been in charge of amercan policy

and the mishaps(and there are a sh*t load of them vietnam anyone?) and i dont think you were ether

if i was things would be a lot better(or a lot worse"arhaahrr.....cant....hack....the....pressure.....must....push......button" lol)

No, but you're part of the UK, and the US and UK support each other about 99% of the time. In case you didn't notice, both nations, and a few more besides, went to war. So that involves you, by default, because it's YOUR country going to war.

But not all middle eastern nations are islamic fundamentalist

I know. That's why I asked YOU to name a country outside of the ME that is an Islamic fundamentalist state.

I dont think bin laden went bonkers i think hes perfectly sane and thats whats scary

I very much doubt anyone is perfectly sane, never mind a religious fanatic who heads a terrorist organisation.

i think the guys taking orders from somone else(no not his so called alah)and to escape both US UK special

forces is no mean feat and somone who was completly gone would have been caught or killed by now

by any means the guys a complete sh*t

and until i completly step on part of soil that is not mine on the bases of war then no im not at war and it dose not involve me!(im not a soldier though iv wanted to be since a kid)

as for the middle east i was spicificly talking about islamic nations not the ME in general when you said the middle east you were grouping all nations as a whole i was however not thats why i spicified islamic fundamentalist and not the ME

just to clarify

I find it interesting to see how there is a perception that the trial of this brigand is related to the War on Terror. However, he seems to have been pushed out of Afghanistan by the Taleban, and the legal proceedings against him began before the 9/11 attack.

Life under Taleban rule was unpleasant for people in Afghanistan. Anybody who was not considered to be a sufficiently devout muslim would be executed. Even wearing Western style clothes or listening to music (particularly Western music) could get you executed. If you were a woman, learning to read and write could get you executed.

The Taleban deliberatly destroyed the pre-Islamic heritage of Afghanistan (remember the giant Buddha statues?) to help them brainwash their people.

They also made it a capital offence to use the internet or to listen to foreign radio stations, officially to prevent the influence of foreign decadance. Every brutal dictatorship does this so their people remain ignorant.

Fortunatly for Afghanistan's neighbours, the Taleban never completely defeated the rebel tribes and warlords led by General Massood (who was assassinated by Al Qaeda two days before the 9/11 attack). Had the Taleban gained total control of Afghanistan, they would certainaly have decided to spread their philosophy to other countries. The disputed province of Kashmir would probably have been first.

Zeus185, I think you were right when you argued that radical British muslims would have their zeal dampened if they ever got to experience fundamentalist rule. I hope you and your friend make up, as I know how bad it is to have a falling out with a close friend.

• 2 weeks later...
i think the guys taking orders from somone else(no not his so called alah)and to escape both US UK special

forces is no mean feat and somone who was completly gone would have been caught or killed by now

by any means the guys a complete sh*t

Insane doesn't mean stupid.

and until i completly step on part of soil that is not mine on the bases of war then no im not at war and it dose not involve me!(im not a soldier though iv wanted to be since a kid)

Yes, you are involved, because you know that land you live in, your country? It's at war, see? That means everyone in it is involved. Whether you're for it or opposing it, you're still involved.

As for fundamentalists, does anyone else think Abu Hamza would make a BRILLIANT Bond villian? I mean, come on, he's only go one eye AND a hook for a hand.

"Good evening, Mr. Bond.  I must say, you are quite skilled for an agent of a morally corrupt Western power." *strokes cat* "Allah is merciful...except to YOU"

*presses button to open trapdoor to shark tank/room full of armed goons*

raises hook to find cat impaled

"bugger, always stroke with right hand abu, RIGHT HAND"