1760 replies to this topic

#21 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 02:49 PM

I'd still have to say, why are we seeing a terror site now, what is it driving in the plot?

If the aliens are trying to hide their presence, they wouldn't go on a terror mission. But when they realize X-COM are popping up and foiling their plans*, a few saucers are lost, maybe then they have a reason to go on terror missions - to draw X-COM into a battle and learn OUR capabilities, maybe, or just to try threatening some funding nations at random, or both. That would make more sense to me.

JG

*like the Scooby gang, only armed, with a supersonic Mystery Machine. Zoiks!
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#22 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 04:12 PM

I would also have to say exactly the same thing. The troops aren't fully interacting, people aren't writing enough about their characters the research team hasn't even been mentioned, there are no squad assignments, one of our interceptors has still never been flown and we just are not ready for a mission yet! (besides we've decided the date and it isn't even January 1st yet)

And JFish, Trigger's been at the base for years and will have been practising on the prototype for about a month before the Hurricane arrived about a week ago. I could take her up with me I suppose but I'd always figured that the Hurricane was a one seater...
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#23 DocFrance

DocFrance

His Imperial Majesty and Resident Dragoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 08:56 PM

The Veteran, on Oct 3 2002, 05:12 PM, said:

I could take her up with me I suppose but I'd always figured that the Hurricane was a one seater...
So what's the problem? ;)  :D
Wild magic and miracle working...
Chaos theory and wierd science...
Acts of gods and freak occurrences...
At the point where unbelievable coincidences and contrived events converge...
I reach my hand into the gaping hole that exists within the plot of the universe...
I send my prayer across barriers of logic, calling forth the forces of pure dumb luck to aid my quest...
Let the improbable happen...
I summon...
Deus Ex Machina!

#24 Carlos the Jackal

Carlos the Jackal

Old School!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 12:01 AM

Well, Dr. Hacksaw has been through the fanfic, and now all the blood's been mopped up and the spare body parts carted away in a wagon, I think we can all agree that the fic's much neater.

Sorry, Ki-tat, I'm afraid you lost one post and had two othered edited, while I also edited my own.

But I think the end result is that the fic mas benifited cause now we have no interuptions to the establisment of character and situation.

*Oh yes, and Sniker's post, I tidyed up the whole thing, put it in paragraphs, no changes to content though*
Noogieing sectoids across the land.

#25 Ki-tat Chung

Ki-tat Chung

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 11:07 AM

np

#26 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 04:35 PM

<covers eyes, cautiously peeks through fingers at revised 'fic>
Ok, if Ki-tat's still with us, the operation looks to be a success.

<reads a little more>

Aahh! GIA!

Next time I'll try not to make "have her back by midnight" come across like "pile a jet aircraft into the ground with her inside".
:D

Oh, and to keep the jets straight, there is another pilot on base, who swaps shifts with Trigger and flew the prototype Tammy saw taking off upon her arrival. Let's name him Davies. He'll be surprised to wake up and find he has no plane in the morning. :hmmm:

Another Hurricane should be arriving at the base soon anyway.  
JG
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#27 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 05:08 PM

I know! Sorry it was a bit heavy handed but there were several things I wanted to do there... I wanted to prove Gia as a pilot for a start, show how tough she was by letting her survive, and find some way to get her a new plane!
I have to edit my posts I think as only JFish Green and I know... Hangar 1 (which is where I said I was) is not actually where I was. Hangar 1 is the Skyranger hangar as all of the troops' equipment and weapons are directly next door to it. Hangar two is Trigger's Hurricane and 3 will be for the new Hurricane for Gia and Davies.
Anyway someone should try and write in this Davies guy next time the interceptors are mentioned but I'm guessing he'll be the one to die first as he wasn't even at the briefing! (I guess he was flying then)
And don't worry JFish, Gia is as hard as nails and I intend to have her up and about as soon as someone writes her walking somewhere!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#28 DocFrance

DocFrance

His Imperial Majesty and Resident Dragoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 12:08 AM

Hmmm... I guess I can send out Cheese to pick up the new Hurricane, as well as some more supplies (rocket tank, anyone?  :D )  He can just take the old C-5 we came here in.  After all, that thing can hold 3 Chinook helicopters, it should have no problems with a small jet...

Actually, I'm sort of at a loss for content... I'd appreciate some suggestions.  Anything you guys'd like to see Doc do or say?  Come on, my character needs some meat (content-wise - although I could go for a nice juicy steak ;) )

And anyone can feel free to write about Doc.  Just don't kill or otherwise mangle him - there will be serious repurcussions... :hmmm:
Wild magic and miracle working...
Chaos theory and wierd science...
Acts of gods and freak occurrences...
At the point where unbelievable coincidences and contrived events converge...
I reach my hand into the gaping hole that exists within the plot of the universe...
I send my prayer across barriers of logic, calling forth the forces of pure dumb luck to aid my quest...
Let the improbable happen...
I summon...
Deus Ex Machina!

#29 Ki-tat Chung

Ki-tat Chung

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 01:15 AM

ahhh.......revenge is.....oh forget it!

#30 Crazy Photon

Crazy Photon

Lobstermen for breakfast!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 03:20 AM

*CP appears from the shadows*

Sorry guys, i've to disappear as I've been quite busy @ work, but ok, i'll try to make a briefing :D
Resistance is NEVER futile...

#31 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 10:42 AM

Sounds good Doc. Take the galaxy out and bring back whatever we need. And has anyone actually SEEN Doc? He posted in the fic to say he was writing something...And that was eleven hours ago! ;)

Note to Snikers. When someone leaves a post in the fic saying not to write YOU DON'T WRITE! It's not hard to understand is it? :D

#32 Snikers

Snikers

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 02:14 PM

*Huwawawah?* (sound of confusion) I'm so sorry, I must have missed that note...
Snikers Enterprises: Making you look good in comparison for over 50 years

#33 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 04:12 PM

:D Forget about it. I know I do it though and Doc does it as well... But Doc did it this morning and still hasn't come back... That is called abusing the system Doc :hmmm:
Ah well, all it is Snikers is posting something in the fic saying something like 'I am writing so you people don't' basically... It means that if you have that post up while you're writing your post and someone else writes a post that messes up yours then they have to delete theirs and re edit it.
It works nicely if you have a long post to write like I usually do! ;)

#34 Ego Terrorist

Ego Terrorist

Leader of the "We love Tammy" Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 07:25 PM

Well I've posted my arrival, so Commander post! now! and you too! yes you! Post!!
Dammit I just misspelled on my christmas present list...now I've asked satan for an inflatable Buffy.

Leader of the "We love Tammy club!"

#35 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 11:04 AM

NOOO! Ego is here! Now there will be no peace...

#36 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 11:17 AM

Well thanks Ego but you've just called a pilot Commander...  :D
Trigger is just an interceptor pilot in this one. The commander is mainly Warlord's character but it isn't actually meant to be anyone from XTC. I don't know who he is or hatever his background is but I know the person you're talking to right now isn't the commander!

#37 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 01:36 PM

Aye, the person you want to be talking to right now is General Genega, and he's mostly NPC.

Does your character know aliens exist? Will he be sent on missions, or push paper?

Are you sure you don't want to write a soldier, that gets to go on missions, and perhaps has already been briefed? Because this is intended to be a mostly soldier-level fic.

Edit: Bulked out my previous post to advance the time in the fic. I'm declaring it is now Wednesday 30 December, 1998, Morning. Everyone gets a briefing and training session today. Karl has not much to do other than a paragraph about his skill on the range. Gia gets to explain why Interceptor 1 intercepted the ground. Anyone can go ahead and write a lieutenant and assign squads - please.

JG

#38 Ego Terrorist

Ego Terrorist

Leader of the "We love Tammy" Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 05:16 PM

LOL! Whoops!!

As for my character yeah he knows aliens exist he was part of the Britush team that investigated them. As for what type he is, he's a spook that's done paramilitary operations and has done covert ops of every kind, so yeah he can be sent out on missions, though he can also do a bit of paper pushing.
Dammit I just misspelled on my christmas present list...now I've asked satan for an inflatable Buffy.

Leader of the "We love Tammy club!"

#39 Crazy Photon

Crazy Photon

Lobstermen for breakfast!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 12:29 PM

Captain's log, stardate 20021014.0908

CP: We've been crossing the Delta quadrant, facing several cubes along the way, but managed to run away from them so far. I jus....

*Red alert claxon*

Data: Captain, there are 2 tactical cubes approaching fast, they are outrunning us!
CP: Damn it, we'll have to put some pressure on the engines :hmmm:
CP: Data, quickly, set maximum warp!
Data: No effect captain...
Geordi: Captain, sensors detect transport signatures trying to pass trough our shields!
CP: Divert auxiliary power to the shields.
*several Borg teleport to the bridge*
Borg: CP, prepare to be assimilated...
CP: Over my dead body you "!$@

Anyway, this is my way of saying that unfortunately I won't have time to follow on the fics, so I'll prepare a short briefing for the lab and then won't continue (until I've time that is).
Resistance is NEVER futile...

#40 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 05:39 PM

:hmmm:  Now that, is spam... Hush Photon! And you really should write in the fics when you get time. It's good to have as many people in on it as possible.

One more amendment for you too Ego... After trying repeatedly to move the range onto the hangar level I failed miserably and had to leave it on the Personnel level. I've finished the maps now and will put them up as soon as possible but I can't as I have no webspace. Anyone who can offer their services is welcome to provide it!

Very angry edited footnote! :D EGO! CARLOS! What are you doing? Will one of you please change that last post so someone can carry on with the fic? You both have the power to do it and know what needs to be changed now come on! It's been four days!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users