Useful armor-changing bug (for off-base troops)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua

So twisted, my laevo is on the right hand side

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Location:Peeking through your letterbox at night whilst molesting a roadkilled badger with a rusty fork tied to my cock

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:30 PM

In case anybody didn't already know about this, just happened to notice last night, that its possible to change (or remove altogether) the kind of armor worn by a soldier whilst they are off base, such as when about to arrive at a mission site, so one can take advantage of that last, freshly finished set of mag ion armor to replace the armor of some trooper still stuck in aqua-plastic armor etc.)

All that needs to be done is to view the aquanaut in question through the base aquanaut tab and select the armor from there, this is obviously an oversight, but can be used to change the kind of armor a soldier is wearing, even after they have already taken off for a mission.

#2 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:16 AM

If you don't know whether a bug is known, check the Known Bugs and Exploits pages on UFOpaedia.

In this case, it is indeed listed under Teleporting Armour.

#3 Zombie

Zombie

Mr. Grognard of X-COM

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:47 AM

Hehe, I remember telling this to Stun Grenade (member) over MSN Messenger years ago. It's a fun little trick to use, especially if you forgot to equip your troops back at base, or your engineers are manufacturing armor and a suit becomes available when your ship is en route. ;)

- Zombie

My X-COM Patch Kit For UFO Defense | Emergency XCOM Meeting spoof on YouTube

JellyfishGreen said:

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

#4 3371-Alpha

3371-Alpha

Classic Mac User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:56 AM

Speaking of strange bugs, I bet you no one's tried this. Try loading an empty save-slot. You'll end up with no bases anywhere on the globe, but still able to build buildings in base view. I never tried to send an interceptor out to see what will happen, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be good.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
Boxer emulator 1.3.3

#5 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

View Post3371-Alpha, on 13 July 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Speaking of strange bugs, I bet you no one's tried this. Try loading an empty save-slot. You'll end up with no bases anywhere on the globe, but still able to build buildings in base view. I never tried to send an interceptor out to see what will happen, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be good.

Actually, I vaguely recall once doing that (or at least doing something that results in starting without a visible base). IIRC the Interceptor glitches, teleporting all over the globe all the time.

#6 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:41 AM

You can achieve something along these lines in UFO if you were to select one base and then load a game that doesn't have a base in that slot. The base screen will be a copy of the base you just looked at, though you'll be missing ships and soldiers. You can transfer what was in storage to other bases. I haven't checked, but it might work if you were to start a new game after selecting base slots 2 through 8.

This has been fixed in TFTD.

- NKF
NKF, narrow minded fuddy duddy who refuses to let go of the past and will not accept anything newer than 1979.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users