URGENT NOTICE!

Pete

The Unity tournament died on it's arse esterday, which is why nothing on it is working.

For some REALLY weird reason (hacked perhaps?) the data file was wiped and doesn't seem to want to be written to any more...

There are a few options... I can either go from a REALLY old backup of the players file, or, and this is my preferred option since the new tournament is mere weeks away from completion (if I really pull my thumb out), we can start afresh in the remaining time :)

Answers on a postcard please either to pete@x-com.co.uk or reply to this thread. I shall make a decision based on your votes in two days (ie, Friday, when I'm off work and ahve the time to fix it :) ).

Please note that for a nice change this one has nothing to do with me and I really don;t know what's happened, but that the new tounament looks a little more promising stability-wise :)

I'm posting here because I no longer have a list of players, so could you all spread the word that the tournament is a bit buggered to say the least?

Drive on Jeeves! :blink:

The general voting is leaning towards some sort of system that picks random fights for people in the meantime before the new tourney is completed. It seems that people would rather have the computer pick a random opponent than do it themselves :blink::)

I shall work on this as it's all part of the new tourney anyway, so that little script shouldn't be too far off (days, not weeks).

Fill in fight starter now up at: https://www.x-com.co.uk/unity

I've run into 2 problems with the Fight Club:

1. It claims to send an email about the new match, but it doesn't seem to do it. At least I didn't get one.

2. When you start a game, you only get the name of your opponent but not his email address. Go figure. :)

Fortunately, I know Stuntmutts address, but someone seems to have started a game against me and I don't know who that might be. In case that someone sees this, my address is removethispart.kjartan@stofanet.dk.removethispart

Remove the "removethispart"s at the beginning and end. :blink:

Cazbol

Right... the biggest prpblems so far seem to be from people running programs like Zone Alarm in teh background, which for some WEIRD reason intereferes (tho the script does not use cookies...).

Is anyone else having the same trouble as Cazbol? His e-mail address is entered correctly. Perhaps you have an alternate address you could try mate? Also, as far as I know, the opponent's e-mail address appeared last time I started a fight. Thoughts anyone?