Pistoleer in Hammer Sickle

laclongquan

A first look about pistoleer in Hammer and Sickle

It's not as easy as S2 or S3, because you play with a small team until you get Moshe, which is a team of 5 (Liz, Larry, Fidel, and you). Pistoleer require nearby mates who will back you up, and early HS is punishing enough it's nearly impossible for pistoleer.

In term of weapons, it's also the same: punishing. It's very rare to find same gun or enough bullets for pistol. 2 Luger, but you have to buy the small stock of ammo from Conrad. Possibly two M1917, but not enough bullets. Ditto with possible two TT guns.

The shops are refreshing after new clues appear that you can report to Center. The list is randomized, so we can do the save in world map and get in to check, reload if the stock is too poor.

A side note: Throw weapon do have familiarity, and it can help in reducing AP cost. Moshe come with 3, though we can not buy more of the same type (though different type of same class).

Fidel coming in at level 15 and very high ENG. training him a bit with lockpick, disarm mines, and you can push him to 170+, coupled with Oiler and he can repair weapons better than new.

Luger is too weak. Seriously, though my sniper MC doesnt get to pistol range much, it still doesnt work in the rare chances we do. Better would be M1917 in the hand of Larry, and sometimes Browning HP in Liz's. The Walther P38 get to our a little bit too late (even though it's early/middle game) even though there's a pair.

Shops will determine the pistols we can use. Conrad is selling Allies weaponry, so if you have the dough, Sterling Pratchet can be had as early as 1st buy, which can be of use until the end. Heck, CZ pistol can be had at the Airport but it's not as good. A very good investment.

Moshe's Uzi and that reward french pistol Conrad give you is just for sale. They are too heavy to be a pistol. SELL!

Though, I have to try another run with Sigmund's shop to see what Russian specials.

In this HS game, pistols wont get chances to shine unless HP is 100% or less. At 125, it would take a full magazine (8-12) to deal with them late game~

EDIT: Is it just me or v1.15 make it harder to fire script up? I think I got 2 instances of that. The dialog that change Agent name into Pavel, for once. The old game fire it up at the bunker, but I didnt get that. After getting back from airport I drag Agent to the Foresters' home and it fire up there.