3 replies to this topic

#1 laclongquan

laclongquan

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

So  I want to know which item in the "commando, or scout or etc equipment" perk/trait.

Is there any existing list that i can check easily? Preferably of http://www.fury.fi/~...o/research.html quality, but a text is okay.

#2 laclongquan

laclongquan

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

This info is getting from datamining the equipment viewer files in Files section, it contain equipment.txt. I dont know how to extract my current text, so I use this source.
Preface: by all mean I am just extracting these from the files. I dont mess around in item database or anything. SO if there's anything amiss dont hesitate to correct me.

Commando equipment: Blowpipe/Airgun (two hand) Katana (twohand) Shuriken (onehand) and Snickersnee (one hand)

Heavy Equipment: Heavy Armor, M60E3. PKM, Wargot plasma rifle, Warp Resonator,

Rocket Equipment: 20mm HK, Law, RPG7, Reticulan Launcher, Reticulan Plasma Cannon, Wargot grenade launcher,  Grenade Launcher (underbarrel accessory), Underbarrel Plasma Launcher (accessory), All two hand.

Sniper Equipment: Laser Sniper Rifle, Barret, MSG90, SR25, Sonic Gun, I will note that the sniping scope has been fixed in one patch that remove its requirement of this ability. All two hand

Scout Equipment: Doppler Scanner, Heartbeat Scanner, Infra Vision, Group Cloak, Personal Cloak, Sound Absorber, Spirit Vision accessory for helmet, Wargot Doppler Scanner,

From these we can see Sniper is now a dedicated job, You just dont venture into that field unless you plan to tote a sniper rifle. No reason otherwise.

Scout's Doppler Scanner is pretty useful in my early game, as it's pretty noticable when I dont use one in missions. if the buggers move, I will detect it. A stealthy Scout can detect those moving sources and point that out to sniper group. The barretts are getting a nice workout. And if you want to draw their notice, nothing like a sniping bullet fly by to attract them. DScanner is certainly more useful that Psi vision of the Psionics in the group. IT certainly justify ditching a X8 to carry this and a pistol.The scout is not much used otherwise because the scanner can be click for continuous run, so we loss that firepower. Most suitable for a leader, or a medic.

#3 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

I still prefer infrared visor for the helmets. Spots everything. And by the time Star ghosts appear, your soldiers spotting skill is somewhere on heroic level.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 laclongquan

laclongquan

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

Well, as of this moment I am still 6 day away from the visit of the spaaaaaaace walnut~ Early game, you might say. Not even research cultist threat yet.

normal difficulty, and no mod. Most of the troop is of the range 8-11 level, training hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users