Everyone is welcome to Impire. Cyanide Studio Montreal's fiendish little creation aims to trap us all deep in the underworld of Ardania, and, naturally, being a demonic creature you can't help but grudgingly appreciate the whole thing.
So must you plot and strategize, to see how to best expand your grim domains, while attending to some unexpected stature-related issues of your own.
In Impire, you take control the of demon Báal-Abaddon as he attempts to rebuild his mighty hell spawn form. With the aid of dozens of evil creatures big and small as well as an arsenal of spells, you will help him construct a dungeon underworld of limitless evil and nastiness to stop all those pesky Heroes of Ardania from ruining his return to greatness!
The merciless features:
• Incarnate a demon of the abyss; make him evolve into a powerful dungeon lord and customize him through weapon and armor upgrades.
• Dig your own dungeon, build different types rooms, and craft wicked traps to stop your enemies.
• Beat up the heroes who attempt to thwart your plans, or even better, crush their souls and use them as resources to build up your dungeon.
• Recruit a vast array of creatures, level them up, and upgrade their equipment.
• Terrorize the surface of Ardania by raiding different locations, collecting treasures and riches along the way.
• Unlock unique magical item cards and mix and match them to build a deck that suits your playing style.
• Play the campaign in solo or in coop mode; or confront friends in different multiplayer game modes (Beta).
Silly, impatient mortals can already pre-order the game too, no doubt baited by the following:
Two pieces of bonus DLC will be granted to players who pre-order Impire, including the "Creatures of the Night" pack, adding new fearsome monsters to their underground armies. Vicious Victorian Vampires will stalk the dungeon halls, walking their undead poodles, and nasty Medusas will stop enemies in their tracks. Plus, pre-orderers will be able to raise the demon of their choice with the "Black and White" pack, granting new in-game skins to their Imp – a sinister, pale white, or the darkest shade of black.
Either now or later, it's a matter of picking your poison. Expect this game to make its tormenting arrival by February 14th.