#41 magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

View Postknight_of_the_ravens, on 31 October 2003 - 10:33 AM, said:

hey...here's a question...what the hell were the deadly effects or brain eating effects that a psiclone caused in the megaprimus youth or whoever the hell was using them...was that just a scare tactic created by the government or what were these cool little things actually doing that was physically bad???....(besides throwing sensovision off the board almost)

I know this is fifteen years late, but...

There's TTBOMK no official answer as to what the problem with Psiclone is. My guess, however, is that the "detrimental effect on the health of young citizens" is simply the poop-socking problem. Someone who gets badly addicted to Psiclone use would probably withdraw from the world and use it constantly (unlike a modern-day drug, after all, once you have a Psiclone it doesn't "run out"); at best, this would greatly decrease their productivity in society, and at worst they'd die/get malnourished from neglecting to eat, go insane from neglecting to sleep, etc.

I imagine some people could use it and remain functional, much like there are productive amphetamine addicts in the modern world. But there'd be a lot that couldn't handle it responsibly.

#42 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:22 AM

:D

Better late than never!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users