Psi-Clone

psi_morph

Someone posted a while back that if you sell psyclone, it would actually harm Megapol... As it is, the last couple of games I've been playing, Ive been going through without selling psyclone... it would be LOADS easier though.

Oh well, it's not like I'm changing the distribution... I'll be getting 'em back eventually, through raids! :power:

Nah, selling or activating psiclones doesn't affect Megapol in any way. (I might have to do a bit of research on the bit about your relations with megapol if your soldiers 'use' the psiclones)

For one thing, it doesn't make them any less incompetant. :power:

But who's paying for the psiclones anyway? There's obviously a bounty of sorts on the psiclones, since it has a fixed price. Still, who's paying for it? Not Megapol, that's for sure. Sold off a fairly sizeable shipment of psiclones, but their total funding didn't drop a cent.

Probably to the same mysterious buyers of the X-Com hybrid aircraft. They just spirit them away, never to be seen again.

- NKF

For arguments sake, imagine if the psiclone actually worked if activated. What sort of effects do you think it would have?

I imagine that your soldier will get a slighty boost in some stats, such as morale and maybe even energy. The side effects will be that you temporarily lose control of the soldier. The soldier may also start to hallucinate and may see anything to be an enemy and start attacking it. This could be at a a bush, a civilian, at nothing at all, a toilet bowl, or even your own soldiers.

As for its after effects, a soldier might get addicted to the psiclones and will start to automatically pick up and use a psiclone whenever they run across one without your intervention. And if the addicted soldier does not use a psiclone for a certain length of time, they'll suffer from withdrawal, and suffer a loss in morale and or strength for a certain duration, or may go rogue and attack a fellow companion in order to get any psiclones he or she may have picked up.

Addicted soldiers will have to be rehabilitated over at sanctuary clinic, or you could put them in temporary or voluntary isolation in your cells (let's assume the prison cell modules were implemented) and let them weather the effects of the psiclone withdrawal until it's washed out of their systems.

Just a thought. Or maybe the psiclones will just turn your soldiers into vegetables-for-brains for a very long period of game-time until the psiclone runs out of power or someone actively removes the psiclone. That would probably be much easier to implement. :power:

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

Well i dunno what the psiclone does (or even what its suppose to do) but it seems to me its just an item to sell. Maybe it was put into the game as an item that was used to improve relations with megapol by getting them off the street. But due to rushed work the purpose for psiclones wasn't put into the game but to be an item to sell (probiably to some colony planet). So based on my theory the "purpose" for the psiclones actually became the reverse of the "intended" purpose. (Or it could be used as a moral booster)

-PSY GUY- :power:

(About those hybrib craft)

I think there sold to people who live in the border colonies (sectoids never knew true power untill they ran into a freashly bought retaliator)

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, yes.

Since they don't exactly work as intended, I suppose you can think of them this way:

Where today, money is generally stored as solid blocks of gold, in the future, we have elerium and psiclones. Respectable companies like the mega-corporations and the political groups keep their cash as elerium pods.

Not-so-respectable groups like the Sirius screwballs and the gangs keep their money in the form of psiclones.

See, not only are they useful, they are a form of currency! Except of course, the psiclones, not being fully implemented, are only used in theory and perhaps only in a literary sense.

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...

The psi-clones guarantee that your game never stuck, because of you run out of money.

in some of my non-save superhuman games, i need money deeply :power:, and dedicate a soldier with high speed as a THIEF. This soldier goes in the neutral psyke buildings, and search for the psi-clones laying around. i always find 2-3 of them, and that means 9000$!!! Without having the risk of raids, and getting your soldiers killed... Simply raid them, and don't kill anyone, just steal :laugh:

i.e. what we call a stun raid.

Watch out though, as ANY damage caused to the building by their own guards will be attributed to X-Com and this will annoy the organisation a little.

In short quantities, stun-raids are rather negligable in the grander scheme of things. But raid them enough times and if their guards do enough damage, it becomes significant and you'll eventually receive a demand for a cash settlement. Receive enough demands and they'll eventually give up X-Com as a lost cause and start siding with the aliens. Hostilities will follow shortly afterwards.

Oddly enough, if you use a mind bender and convince the guards to kill themselves by jumping off a tall structure, the organisation doesn't really appear to notice or care. Perhaps, not immediately. But any damage to their building while X-Com soldiers are present in the area and they will get mad.

Oh well, I suppose property in Megaprimus must be expensive. Can't afford to devalue the land, and I suppose they need someone as a scapegoat to put the blame on when they next bring up the matter with their landlord. :power:

- NKF