Firaxis remaking XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Kernel

Woo... in any case, I didn't finish watching the video either, was thinking it would be too much of a spoiler.

I watched it since my system is woefully inadequate for the game and I don't have extra cash to upgrade any time soon. In my opinion, you would have been too spoiled: The guy running the game doesn't get too far, at least I hope an alien base isn't that small. Chrysallids and mutons are the only thing he fights, so no new aliens were revealed. Aside from an elerium reactor, everything else seen is just updated conceptions of locations in the OG base, although the layout isn't in a grid pattern.

The 3 moves ahead podcast (I would link but using my phone while at work. Tell no one!) has a discussion with week with Jake Solomon about the game. I've been listening to 3MA for years and, generally speaking, it's an excellent podcast for strategy gaming.

Well I was supposed to find out on Wednesday, then Friday but never heard a peep.

At this rate we might get it by the 9th if we're lucky, but that's when the flood of US sites (and players) will all be writing their own reviews too.

*sigh*

You help to promote the series for over a decade and this is the thanks you get - yes, if anyone from 2K/Firaxis is reading it really is bugging a lot of us here that every man and his dog has had a preview copy and by now a review copy and we've not had even the faintest whiff of either by this point, despite asking through the proper channels sad.png What do I have to do? Fly to America, get down on my knees and beg to Jake? cry.gif

EDIT: I know we're a speck on the radar (probably a crumb from the pizza of the radar operator) in comparison to the larger sites out there, but at least we know how to play a strategy game. Have you seen some of the previews out there? The only response to some of them is this:

double_facepalm.jpg

Log in and "Like" this post if you agree, just so I know I'm not ranting, foaming at the mouth to myself.

And here we go for the Review deluge!! cool.png

Eurogamer (thanks Sorbicol!)

RPS

PC Gamer

Strategy Informer

GameSpy

IGN

Joystiq

Kotaku

Destructoid

Ploygon

Edge

OXM

OPM

1Up

CVG

G4TV

GamesTM

VideoGamer

LazyGamer

NowGamer

TAG

GodIsAGeek

Game Reactor

Atomic MPC

GamingBolt

Fanbolt

Gaming Nexus (ps3)

GamesBeat

Play Magazine (ps3)

PSNation (ps3)

Gram.pl

Gamer.nl

Gamers.at

SpazioGames.it

Gamer.no

Pressfire.no

Gameblog.fr

JeuxVideo (french)

3DJuegos (spanish; has a clip with a mission in India)

(spanish)

Hardgame2 (spanish)

MeriStation (spanish)

::

yahoo.gif