Invasion Postponed Until 2012

Pete

• 3 months later...

4 Year delay you say? Not too shabby, look at the time between StarCraft & StarCraft 2. Then again, this game doesn't even come close to a work of art.

I'm not all together sure why this game is even listed under "Games" to begin with. Same goes with Fallout 3. Wasn't even TB.

I still hope they do something about the length of battles... I hate shaving in the middle of combat. wink.png

Or upgrades for that matter. Take the original X-COM, you had terrestrial weapons. Rifles, Pistols, etc. Then you did some research, then you got Lasers. Laser Rifles, Pistols, etc. THEN you were able to finally reverse engineer the aliens weapons and you got...Plasma.

Goddamn, this game was beyond moronic. When it came to upgrading not only your infantry's weapons & armor and then your weapon platforms you say to yourself, "finally, I have an edge". But no, there was like 180 more new weapon schematics the aliens used against you. I think this game was trying to be like X-COM and Master of Orion, and it's my opinion that this game failed at both implementations, badly.

-NoX

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well now here's something interesting. An update to UFO2, dated May 24th 2016. Says they have a "New" video that adds...get this...Trees.

https://www.ufo2extraterrestrials.com/upload/download/UFO2ET-showoff-QualmaTrees.mp4

I guess this is ^ the video the update is referring to,pardon.gif no clue. It also says Q4 of 2016. So....ya.

-NoX

Sigh

I do hope they pay attention to game compatibility with older system like XPSP3. If they skip that feature, they will lose a majority of their players.

You know, Massive Chalice, touted to be a fantasy XCOM, sunk like a stone. I dont even know if it's any good, since it can not run on XPSP3 and I hate to install a new windows just to play that game. So long, buh bye~

• 7 months later...

The website says Q2 2017. So instead of delaying by the usual quarter, it's now jumping by 6 months. Did find a post in the forum about what is going on (fixed the spelling errors):

Dear all,

First of all I would like to wish you all the best to the New Year 2017!

I have asked developers what is going on and I have received the information as follows:

The main issue they are dealing with is the speed of the game. They are solving some troubles connected with CPU which seems to be overloaded. They would like to move some idle animations of soldiers, trees and aliens to GPU. They want the game to be fast enough even on less powerful computers.

They are facing tricky issues with uncovering and covering with what the player should and shouldn't see.

The walls and doors are not placed like they used to be in UFO:ET1. They are placed like they used to be in the UFO:Enemy unknown. The reason was obvious. It will be [t]he whole more natural because the player will be allowed to get much closer to walls and they will provide him much higher coverage.

Because of all this issues a new programmer had to be hired to help with the engine optimizations.

Please, keep your chins up and stay tuned.

I hate to be critical but this should have been done months and months ago (hiring an extra programmer and releasing info to the public). But we shall see, maybe this time it'll be different. ;)

- Zombie

• 11 months later...

Yup, you guessed it:

https://www.ufo2extraterrestrials.com/images/Banner3_releaseDate2.jpg

Now it's just plain 2018. If the devs can't come up with a specific quarter anymore, then that doesn't bide well. No new news on the forum either. huh.png

- Zombie

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...