UFO: Extraterrestrials is Gold!

baby arm

Let me point something important out. This is our best chance to prove to the gaming industry, and Take Two Interactive (if they have plans for an X-COM game) that this kind of game can sell. If the game really is good, we HAVE to buy it and use word-of-mouth to make it sell. That's the best way of debunking the old TB games don't sell. That is all under the condition that the game really is good, it would not be fair to trick people into thinking it's something it's not. Here's to hoping the game kicks behinds, and sells well enough. :D

Let me point something important out. This is our best chance to prove to the gaming industry, and Take Two Interactive (if they have plans for an X-COM game) that this kind of game can sell. If the game really is good, we HAVE to buy it and use word-of-mouth to make it sell. That's the best way of debunking the old TB games don't sell. That is all under the condition that the game really is good, it would not be fair to trick people into thinking it's something it's not. Here's to hoping the game kicks behinds, and sells well enough. :D

Agree completely.

I just watched it. First impressions was that it was pretty good. Basically it is a 5 minute interception sequence where CAF pilots happen across a few UFO's. The people who did the voices to the pilots did an excellent job. I was half-expecting some strange accents, but it was all in English (American, not British). Everything was clear and well spoken.

The actual dialog was, in my opinion, lacking. The lady at the headquarters was not very believable. Inter-pilot dialog degraded as the video progressed and everyone was strangely cool, calm and collected during the heat of the battle. The head pilot shot off a missile which didn't do anything to the UFO, then declared that this other missile would blow it to smithereens. But why state this? The other pilots should know the stats of the weapons in question. Obviously, the dialog is directed at the listener, but it wasn't realistic.

Luckily, this is only the introduction and in no way reflects how the game will actually play. I still have hope. :D

- Zombie

Yes, the dialogue in the introduction video was not very good. I didn't watch it to the end though, because my PC has apparently become too slow to even play videos well, and sadly this wasn't an exception.

I watched it, finally. I found the animations not the level I expected, but were decent (though I'm not very fond of the explosions).

And the dialogues were just plain bad, not a single variation in the voices, they were all calm even after their mate had died, I was expecting a lot of yelling and (at least some) swearing, but nothing.

Another thing, isn't CAF supposed to be "Counter Alien Forces"? How could those pilots be CAF if they are supposed to find out about the Aliens' very existance in that part? I hope the game clears that up for me, cause it's not making a lot of sense from that sequence.

I watched it, finally. I found the animations not the level I expected, but were decent (though I'm not very fond of the explosions).

And the dialogues were just plain bad, not a single variation in the voices, they were all calm even after their mate had died, I was expecting a lot of yelling and (at least some) swearing, but nothing.

Another thing, isn't CAF supposed to be "Counter Alien Forces"? How could those pilots be CAF if they are supposed to find out about the Aliens' very existance in that part? I hope the game clears that up for me, cause it's not making a lot of sense from that sequence.

The intro is not necessarily representative of the game itself in any way. As anyone who remembers the soldier-launching Avenger from X-Com's intro will attest. :D

The intro is not necessarily representative of the game itself in any way. As anyone who remembers the soldier-launching Avenger from X-Com's intro will attest. :D

I never said it was, personally I'm still in love with the game, the gameplay video looked simply outstanding.

I'm literally itching to try it *scratches*