UFO: Extraterrestrials takes another shot at release

Slaughter

Blue's News reports that UFO: Extraterrestrials is now set to be released on March 16th 2007:

Upton, MA, February 21st, 2007 – Tri Synergy, Inc. (www.trisynergy.com) has sent word that a new release date has been set for the latest addition to the popular UFO series, UFO: Extraterrestrials. The highly anticipated sequel to an already addictive and innovative series will now be available to gamers on March 16th, 2007.

UFO: Extraterrestrials is set in 2025 on the newly colonized planet Esperanza, where mankind’s foray into outer space has a meeting with alien life. However, these extraterrestrials aren’t just interested in contact; they’re out for blood and riches. In defense of their fledgling outer space outpost, the player is summoned by the Esperanza government to face this threat from deep space. The player will have at their disposal squads of soldiers, light and heavy support combat vehicles, robots and air units located in bases throughout the Esperanza. In addition, UFO: Extraterrestrials combines global strategy with small, squad-based tactical combat against an alien invasion. To repel the alien invasion the player must take full advantage of the terrain and his surrounding environments.

Get more information on UFO: Extraterrestrials from the official Tri Synergy webpage.

Thanks for the heads up Cutedge!

I like the "old school" look of this game. Maps are maybe filled too much and thats why there is too tight routes (corridors) but that's just fine for APs tactics. I counted 11 team members possibility... whoa.. that's almost a full squad. Small and big tanks... o.k. Hopefully the general feeling is stirring...

Strategies sounds like the X-COM1/UFO:EU except:

Intercept and eliminate the alien fighters and transports before they enter the planets air space and reinforce their troops.
Not a bad idea at all, I think.

Thanks for the news Slaughter!

So, which is right: March 16th or April 16? I'd be more inclined to believe the 16 of April 2007, but a April 16 2008 release would probably be closer due to Tri Synergy/UFO:ET's consistent problems with nailing down a date. I will forgive the release date problems, however, but only if the game is bug-free and doesn't rely on players to test it "ticking box" style. :(

- Zombie