Adventure games...

Slaughter

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope... Haven't played real adventures since... DAMN... Hero's Quest 2. That or Space Quest 3.

These games lost their appeal somewhat after all becoming point'n'click games. I learned a lot of English spelling from finding the correct words in the dictionary and typing it several times.

Nope... Haven't played real adventures since... DAMN... Hero's Quest 2. That or Space Quest 3.

These games lost their appeal somewhat after all becoming point'n'click games. I learned a lot of English spelling from finding the correct words in the dictionary and typing it several times.

May I suggest you try Machinarium?

I'd say Machinarium is an adventure game, rather than a puzzle game. WoG is a puzzler, agreed, but Machinarium does have a solid story, it's just the way it's communicated is unconventional.

Just got Sherlock Holmes and the Pearl Necklace (or whatever it's called), and while the blurb is in English, the systems requirements are in French.

For example:

700 Mo d'espace libre sur le disque dur.

What is this insanity.

I'm fairly sure my PC doesn't have one of those, so I shall add the game to my pile of coasters. Damn gobbledygook.

• 3 months later...

Recently picked up the Phoenix Wright games for the DS, and they are a blast. It's basically an adventure game series where you play a lawyer, and you have to defend your clients. So you go around, collecting evidence, talking to police, witnesses, etc and then defend your client in court.

It's based on the Japanese legal system, so it's a bit mental, but it's you versus the prosecutor and you have to cross-examine witnesses, present evidence, find contradictions and lies, and charge your client

Shot in the dark here, but what the Haitch Eee Double-Hockey-Sticks.

French developer, adventure game with alternate reality game influences. E.g. you played the game, received emails from it in your actual email inbox, looked up and infiltrated real websites, etc. Twas ace.

Now, your question for fifty points and the quickly-dying gratitude of myself: What was the bloody game called?

It's called In Memoriam, if anyone's interested. :P

The Professor Layton games are a series of puzzle games in a sort of adventure game skin. However, the puzzles very rarely have anything to do with the story. This allows for a much wider range of puzzles, from mathematics, to spatial awareness, word games, pattern recognition, and various others. Unfortunately, this results in a rather ridiculous and elaborate system whereby pretty much everyone has at least one puzzle to test you with, and an excuse for it too (the first game's reason for this made sense, successive games have made less sense, but that's not really the point).

This has left the games open to certain forms of mockery.