No Biomass Mod

Strahd

This mod is the veary beginning of the Stargate Mod and it needs testing so if anybody is willing or have the time to do so please download it here!

The mod was made for the 1.3 version of UFO:AM so just put it in your UFO:AM directory and run the game.

NOTE: Please run it on the clean install of the game since the mod changes a lot in the R&D and ufopedia hence it's not compatibile with most mods out there (like any RB mods) but it can safley be used with any music and sound (and alike) mods since they don't touch does files.

Please report bugs to Stargates forum in the appropriate topic here!

I tested it for a while now. First thing i saw was that it wasn't named in the correct way (to get the game to see it) it was named modnobiomass.vfs, i think it has to be named nobiomass_mod.vfs. (Fulby: is this correct?)

I changed that as i wanted it to work :) and played some days (sim-time) with it enabled. No problems so far. Cheats still work (finshrd) and the game seems to be ok.

I unpacked the mod and couldn't find any OBVIOUS error, seems ok, too.

So, I would say: Test passed :)

Btw, seeing the files used in it i think your mod should work with the RBMOD 5.5.

Maybe when the new glossary is done by Llama8 that will change, though.

Oh and i had another thought: Maybe you could do a stand-alone-version of this mod for those guys which don't want to see any Biomass in their game? Maybe even as an Alpine plugin?

Well actually it is stand alone mod for the moment since nothing else is moded!

Well I had it as modnobiomass.vfs and it worked with no problem with version 1.3.

Did you get the message that you have developed the biomass repulsitor(or something like that) bases? I got it and it is the only thing I can't find where to disable! (to me it happened just as I finished the Area 51 mission).

I'm not shure what RB mods do but if they are adding new weapons and the research option for them the the two are not compatibile.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump this oldie, but does any1 still has this mod?

Im playing UFO:AM and i have a graphic problem with biomass (I cant see it). I tried every solution posted on the internet but nothing works, and then i found about the no biomass mod (nobiomassmod.vfs).

I read that you guys hosted it and i was wondering if you still have it. If so, would you plz upload it/mail it (sinresaca [at] gmail [dot] com)?

Thanks in advance

His email address at that page is strahd@ufoaftermath.co.uk and since that website was consumed by StrategyCore, a message sent there will be bounced back, so don't even bother. :)

I have contacted both Slaughter (webmaster at the old ufoaftermath.co.uk and an Admin here) as well as Aralez. If these folks don't have it or don't know where to find it, the only other option is to try and get in touch with the remaining developers/testers etc. Most will have accounts here at SC since member accounts of that site were merged into our database. The problem is that they haven't been active here in years. But who knows, we may get lucky with one of them.

Archive.org never archives files. I suppose this is to cut down on page sizes. They do archive pictures sometimes though. :)

[Late Edit: Slaughter says we may still have this file on a backup of the old site, Pete contacted].

- Zombie

I tried to learn how to make it, but the biomass part in sigget's tutorial is missing, and i can't learn from trial and error cause i can't see the biomass behavior...

I tryed setting every biomass keyed number to 0 in my profile vfs and tested it fast forwarding time but it didnt work. I also tryed to modify the textures (gamedata.vfs) but i still can't see it :)

Maybe some1 can give me some hints on how to make a mod for this :)

Thanks for helping me!

• 2 weeks later...