My New First Person Camera View Mod Is Ready!

Quenaelin

No, what I'm trying to tell you all is that Martin have informed me that they tried to implement a first person view. They did, but found out later in the development that it didn't look very nice, so they dropped it. But it is still there. All you have to do is to type in "fpv" in the cheat console... :power:

I tried this cheat, It is maybe not so usable as my mod even it rotates, in my mod there is lots of different views also, not only first person view. And you can rotate with DEL and END keys with my mod. I don't use follow mode very often when I play, I didn't even know that there is this mode before Slaughter told me ( I haven't read the manual so carefull :power: ) Follow mode is just for sightseeing not for actual gameplay, becouse controlling whole team can be difficult with follow mode on.

• 2 months later...

Ah, thanks. Works like a charm.

This mod is extremely sweet. While it isn't very useful for game control, except possibly to check firing lines, it adds mood like there's no tomorrow. Can't wait to use it in a base mission. =)

The transitions between the zoom levels is slightly jerky, but I guess this is because each step is longer. I was looking at the other camera mod, and it looked like each zoom level is configured separately. Anyone know if it would work to just add more zoom levels, with smaller jumps between them?

Edit: Just realized it's because I use the scroll wheel to change zoom level. Much smother with the Ctrl key. But I imagine more zoom levels could still make it smoother with the scroll wheel.

• 8 months later...

:angel: :)

• F2 = For fixed FPS
  • F1 = Release
  • Scroll up & Down
  • Ctrl key
  • / = Magnify Zoom
  • * = Magnify Zoom

Hope there a way for you to FIX the view that when the soldier turns their head you also follow the view. :)

and identify when your in FIXED mode or not. :)

:angel:  :)
  • F2 = For fixed FPS

• F1 = Release

• Scroll up & Down

• Ctrl key

• / = Magnify Zoom

• * = Magnify Zoom

• Hold Middle button and move mouse.

Hope there a way for you to FIX the view that when the soldier turns their head you also follow the view. :)

and identify when your in FIXED mode or not. :) If it's Predetor you then see the Thermal Spectrum when LOCKED mode or NIGHT VISION green.

• 2 months later...
:angel:https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index...owtopic=816&hl=:)
  • F2 = For fixed FPS

• F1 = Release

• Scroll up & Down

• Ctrl key

• / = Magnify Zoom

• * = Magnify Zoom

• Hold Middle button and move mouse.

and identify when your in FIXED mode or not. :) If it's Predetor you then see the Thermal Spectrum when LOCKED mode or NIGHT VISION green.

Is there a way to fix the zooming In?

Based on the height of the Character that you can see the Soldier from feet to head, THEN when on Lock mode, Zoom more From Full Body to Torso to Head.

Problem occurs when a Terrain that has a varried height and can only see the top of the head instead of the Full Body view.

I like to keep playing an Ambush again and again from different perspectives and a lot of reloads :) just to see a Transgenant going down.

HOW to remove the FPV once typed in the Cheat Mode?

• 7 months later...
# F2 = For fixed FPS

# F1 = Release

# Scroll up & Down

# Ctrl key

# / = Magnify Zoom

# * = Magnify Zoom

# Hold Middle button and move mouse.

I started playing Aftermath again, what with the sequel due out soon. Saw this mod while looking for a way to extract sounds from the game. I've always wanted to zoom down closer, thanks to Quenaelin for making it!

I'm resurrecting this old thread for a request, could a moderator either clean out the non-related posts, and/or put a summary of all the tips and commands that are mentioned in this thread in the first post? All those ADHD gamers will probably stop reading the thread when it veers off into that racing game discussion. :blush: