My New First Person Camera View Mod Is Ready!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 LT Mor

LT Mor

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:16 AM

Very Very nice.  :inlove:

#22 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:04 PM

To go back to the topic: Seeing all that detail in the game with the FPC mod, i wonder what the programmers thought by NOT including something like that by themselves. I mean, hey, why did they do such really great work, design beautiful cities, restaurants, suburbs etc and then decide to NOT make it visible? Strange....

Oh and GPL stands for Grand Prix Legends by Papyrus. An excellent racing-sim wich is still updated by modders after several years. They not only design new tracks, they COMPLETELY re-wrote the whole thing, wow! And take a look at the detail of the new cars of the GPLEA (GPL Editors Association), gosh!!!

#23 BlackAlmaz

BlackAlmaz

THE GHOST FROM XMAS PAST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:20 PM

True the Mod is great...thing is i can see the units head and this is a zoomed in as it gets...it stuffs up some sreen shots...and when u lean over a wall u cant get that image...but its easy to follow ...i just preess control and hold it and press the arrow keys...it very easy and cool as well.....and i'll try and find that GPL game in a second hand store....wish me luck :power:
"THERE AT THE BERACADES!!!....THERE IN THE PERIMETER!?.....THERE IN THIS ROOM!?" ALIANs

#24 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:41 PM

Make sure you don't pay more than ~9 $. That's the price i saw it last. (although it's worth more!)

#25 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:15 PM

*Sigh*

Why won't anyone listen?

*Kicks Aralez in the behind*

Have you tried to open the cheat console and type "fpv"?

#26 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:36 PM

Ouch what was that for ?  :D  Maybe something to do with board rules?  ??? If yes than sorry  :inlove:  If not then : :power:   :)

Oh and everyone : Open the cheat console and type fpv  (Maybe this makes Slaughter friendlier  :angel:  )

#27 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 07:50 AM

No, what I'm trying to tell you all is that Martin have informed me that they tried to implement a first person view. They did, but found out later in the development that it didn't look very nice, so they dropped it. But it is still  there. All you have to do is to type in "fpv" in the cheat console... :power:

#28 Quenaelin

Quenaelin

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:01 AM

How can I open cheat console?

#29 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:27 PM

It is detailed in the cheats section of this site.

#30 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 10:57 PM

Oh, silly me! I thought the cheat you mentioned was for the racing game  :o  Hey, i will try that asap!!! Bye...

#31 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 04:33 PM

I have to admit that the downloadable mod works far better than the cheat. With the cheat i have some graphic distortions on my screen, with the mod not.

#32 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 11:02 AM

Agree with that, but the cheat have one advantage. It turns with the soldier. If this was added to the camera mod, it would be "perfect"... :power:

#33 Quenaelin

Quenaelin

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:22 AM

I tried this cheat, It is maybe not so usable as my mod even it rotates, in my mod there is lots of different views also, not only first person view. And you can rotate with DEL and END keys with my mod. I don't use follow mode very often when I play, I didn't even know that there is this mode before Slaughter told me ( I haven't read the manual so carefull :power: ) Follow mode is just for sightseeing not for actual gameplay, becouse controlling whole team can be difficult with follow mode on.

#34 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:36 PM

That is true Quenaelin. But it would still be cool if your mod did as the ALTAR fpv when you are in follow mode. That would make it, as I said before, more or less perfect :power:.

#35 HeadWar

HeadWar

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:40 PM

So, umm, what am I doing wrong if there's absolutely no difference after I put the cameracfg.vfs into the main game directory?

Got the high-res geosphere to work just fine, by putting it in the same directory... Anything extra I need to do?

#36 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:50 PM

You have to rename it as patch 1.3 changed the naming convention. Try FPC_mod.vfs  this should work

#37 HeadWar

HeadWar

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 11:58 AM

Ah, thanks. Works like a charm.

This mod is extremely sweet. While it isn't very useful for game control, except possibly to check firing lines, it adds mood like there's no tomorrow. Can't wait to use it in a base mission. =)

The transitions between the zoom levels is slightly jerky, but I guess this is because each step is longer. I was looking at the other camera mod, and it looked like each zoom level is configured separately. Anyone know if it would work to just add more zoom levels, with smaller jumps between them?

Edit: Just realized it's because I use the scroll wheel to change zoom level. Much smother with the Ctrl key. But I imagine more zoom levels could still make it smoother with the scroll wheel.

#38 HeadWar

HeadWar

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:00 PM

Heh. The Edit function didn't work at all like I thought it did.

#39 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 03:58 PM

Hmm, sure you didn't click "Quote" instead? ;) Anyway, I fixed it for you.

#40 Quenaelin

Quenaelin

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:10 AM

There were some mistyped incorrect values, that I haven't noticed. I fixed those transitions values so zoom should be more smoother now. You can download new version from other mods section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users