• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 08:27 PM

Slaughter, In one Word : " Thanks "

It is working, and I convinced my wife to come home one day early  :rolleyes:

#42 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

The Christmas avatar is here forever! Muhahaha!

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 12:47 AM

I am using 1.2

Perhaps I was just unlucky 15 times. I hope so because I love the Rebalance mod!
Both Chryssalids AND Lobstermen taste good with butter? What a great deal!

Project Xenocide

#43 gurkoz

gurkoz

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 09:26 AM

Hey, well... where to start. Just saw the news about this new mod and that my sound mod was added. Funny i thought, seems very familiar. Whenever i do some of these enhancement mods to any game, they allways end's up in another dudes mod. The thing is that i don't really have anything against it, but all im asking is can't someone just ask me BEFORE?, but then again, i can't do shit about it. But all im asking is some respect. Aralez couldn't you have contacted me and we could have talked about this?. Then again, now it's too late. Other than this, i can't even find any credits or remote information in your readme that points out that you've used some of my sound mod?. Im at work now (As usually), so i can't really test the mod out. So can't you, or anyone else please explain what the features of this new mod has? I understand you just want to make a cool mod, but we really need to stick together we modders. Last time something like this happened to me, a dude just copied my entire mod and replaced my name with his. After that he had the guts to accuse ME of stealing his mod. Bah! It all ended up with me leaving the modding scene for that game. When doing mods, you spend most of your freetime creating it. Neglecting friends and loved ones just to get the that piece out to the fans of the game. And then seeing other people taking it apart really makes you sad.

I in general different people do their small mods focused on different aspects of a game, like sound, tweaks and graphics. Thats swell, and i like that. Thats the way i think it should be. Different people, focusing on different things they do best. But what i don't like, is a second part, that takes all mods and slap em togheter to make some kind of "megamod" thingy out of it. (And, not giving the people credits for their parts). This might not be the case this time, since we really only can have one extra vfs file at the present. But i really feel that in the future, when we can have different mods running, we should have the mods separated so that people really can have the abillity to choose what aspects of the game they would like to change.

The only lesson of this really should be.

Try and ask modders for permission or what else before using their mods.

#44 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:08 AM

Gurkoz, i never included your sounds in the mod, this is a typo from Slaughter. Your mod isn't and will never be in the Rebalance Mod. Promised.

Please Slaughter, correct that error on the main screen.

Argh, so much trouble for nothing than a typo.... :power:

#45 gurkoz

gurkoz

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:24 AM

I see man, then it's all dandy. ;o) I just had to respond, hehe.. im pretty fed up with this kind of things happening to me, so i just had to make sure. no hard feelings ;o)

#46 BlackAlmaz

BlackAlmaz

THE GHOST FROM XMAS PAST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:33 AM

gurkoz we are all want u to make more mods...when u have more time....and i noteced that Aralez sounds where....lets say a disappointment....no offence Aralez i love your mods...no realy i do....but gurkoz....i cant wait untill u make more sounds...and hopefully skins...read some of the other forems....they have great ideas....(m4 with a m203)

*kneels on his knees and prays to the heaves above*

Best of luck to both of u....i know it will be time untill more mods are made...but i can wait...afterall with out u guys this game would be just a bit dull...."just a bit"!! (for all u fans)

ohh!!...and gurkoz i like your site.....i love your picks....i took some down if u dont mind...i really like them....i use to draw like that but my study took that avay from my...i know thats no excuse....but uyour site made me get back into it again....hehehe....thanks :power:
"THERE AT THE BERACADES!!!....THERE IN THE PERIMETER!?.....THERE IN THIS ROOM!?" ALIANs

#47 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:37 PM

*looks around*

All this because of me?

*looks at feet*

I may have made a small mistake when posting the news...sorry! :power: I just mixed up a bit when posting. Will try to avoid more things like this! I know that Aralez would never steal someone else's work like this.

What I do think however is that Gurkoz's mod SHOULD be included in the rebalance mod. And I'd love to see some more stuff from you Gurkoz! :)

#48 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:52 PM

@BlackAlmaz: HOW dare you ???  :) :power:  :)

No, you're right, i only enhanced the original sounds with an equalizer effect, so they had a bit more Ooomph  :D Gurkoz completely re-made and replaced the sounds , which is quite some effort. And he did a good job.

Btw, i contacted gurkoz a loooong time ago about including his work in the Rebalance Mod, but he decided not to answer, so this is a NO to me. (as i will respect the ownership of the work of others).

I even thought about altering the installation routine of the Rebalance Mod with fnurgs help to make it possible to use both mods, but that proved a bit tricky, so i decided to leave it as it is.

#49 BlackAlmaz

BlackAlmaz

THE GHOST FROM XMAS PAST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 12:38 AM

It nice to see that u have sense of hummer bout the small things in life...hehehe

I don't know how long u have been moding but your doing a good job....i have said this a few times and I mean it....

Have a look at the alpine mod.... Slaughter suggested this not to lnog ago....that u should work on this ...and make mods as plug ins....i know it's a different language and might take a wile to master but if Fulby did a good job with that stun rod...so maybe just maybe u can have a try please!!!!

It would be good to see some of your mods on that option screen
:power:
"THERE AT THE BERACADES!!!....THERE IN THE PERIMETER!?.....THERE IN THIS ROOM!?" ALIANs

#50 Chryssalid_Victim

Chryssalid_Victim

Boomer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:01 AM

Well you can use Alpine (the latest one v2.2) to insert the Rebalance mod into UFOA.  I've currently got the Rebalance 4.1b, Stunrod and Music Mod (Changed with my own mp3....kicking ass to War of the Worlds is just amusing  :power: ) plugged in using Apline v2.2 and they all work perfectly.

Just keep up the good work there  :)
How the mighty have fallen due to a simple change of final letter

Chryssalid
UFO: EU - ARRRRGH, Death to all those with no Flying Armour
TFTD: Tentacluat as replacement - Arrrrrgh now they fly!!!!
Apoc: Chryssalis - Useless, pointless, ugh
UFOA: Chryssalis - XP Provider

(Disclaimer: Yes I know UFOA is not an X-Com game, and I know the Chryssali have nowt to do with the original demon from hell but work with me here)

Boomer: PhoeniX-COMpany. What Connection?

Mental Father of the FLAPPER OF DOOM!!!

#51 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:36 AM

I have to admit i don't know how to use that Alpine tool yet. :o
Currently i'm working on some more weapons and the problem of how to add them to the enemies loadout. The S&W 0.5 Revolver is the only thing working atm, as i didn't have much time lately, but more will follow.

#52 sigget

sigget

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:20 AM

An inventory editor would be great, both for configuring the enemies weaponry and for soldiers inventories in the savegames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users