24 replies to this topic

#21 Chryssalid_Victim

Chryssalid_Victim

Boomer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:30 PM

Ugh tell me about the Sniper rifle  :blink: , especailly when it's a Barrett and the best Armour I had was Light......Good job it's so slow at firing that rushing it was possible without sustaining a pasting

I tend to keep my guys running but as long as you maintain your distance and have long range weapons you'll be just fine.....well unless they've got you in a crossfire then there's problems but other than that  ;)
How the mighty have fallen due to a simple change of final letter

Chryssalid
UFO: EU - ARRRRGH, Death to all those with no Flying Armour
TFTD: Tentacluat as replacement - Arrrrrgh now they fly!!!!
Apoc: Chryssalis - Useless, pointless, ugh
UFOA: Chryssalis - XP Provider

(Disclaimer: Yes I know UFOA is not an X-Com game, and I know the Chryssali have nowt to do with the original demon from hell but work with me here)

Boomer: PhoeniX-COMpany. What Connection?

Mental Father of the FLAPPER OF DOOM!!!

#22 Moon_Jackal

Moon_Jackal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 12:50 PM

They are not that slow. My usual tactic is to use my super-heroic runners with enhanced plasma rifles to run in and out of range (usually 3 hits), but last night I had 3 runners do this and the Deathbellow launched its fly attack on all 3 simultaneously, did not hit anyone but took me by surprise.

#23 Chryssalid_Victim

Chryssalid_Victim

Boomer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 03:28 PM

It appears that they do "spit" out flies pretty fast. Generally they've been in groups of 3 at my guys but the attack's easily avoidable if your guys have got any speed whatsoever.

There's no need to even risk your runners stopping and firing if you've got Snipers, just put them on a line of sight out of range of the Bellows and use your runners as the snipers "eyes".

And this can be done without the Enhanced Plasma Rifles I don't have yet  :blink:

Easy  ;)

The only times I've ever had problems with Deathbellows are when:

1) A Chryssalis suddenly appears and zaps my guys within Deathbellows range....god I hate them

2) I first saw them and thought they were as pathetic as most of the other transgenants...(oops ok   ??? )

3) Crossfire....which generally doens't happen if you run back the way you came away from the Deathbellows (unless you wre running from something else of course  :devil: )
How the mighty have fallen due to a simple change of final letter

Chryssalid
UFO: EU - ARRRRGH, Death to all those with no Flying Armour
TFTD: Tentacluat as replacement - Arrrrrgh now they fly!!!!
Apoc: Chryssalis - Useless, pointless, ugh
UFOA: Chryssalis - XP Provider

(Disclaimer: Yes I know UFOA is not an X-Com game, and I know the Chryssali have nowt to do with the original demon from hell but work with me here)

Boomer: PhoeniX-COMpany. What Connection?

Mental Father of the FLAPPER OF DOOM!!!

#24 RyanAR15

RyanAR15

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:41 AM

I thought at one time--actually, before I patched my game--that death bellows were sorry enemies as well.  For some reason every time I found a death bellows, it was already dead--I never have figured that one out.  But I ended that game when I got my squad greased time after time on the Russain mission not knowing it was a 'plot' mission at the time.

Anyway, after I patched the game and restarted in Europe, I have now seen a real live Death Bellows, but fortunately they are much easier to dispatch than a Plecton--less range, don't move, and don't have as high an ROF as a Plecton does.

I do it like other posters have said, shoot, run, shoot, run, shoot, I have a line of swarming insects covering my path, and if it gets too dense I wait till the insects disperse (out of LOS of the Bellows) and go back and do it again.

#25 yamasculia

yamasculia

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:45 PM

Odd thing about Deathbellows is that if even a tiny edge of the swarm they launch touches a car or coach then BOOM! These are some SEVERE bees.

Imagine getting one of those in your pint while outside a pub in the summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users