4 replies to this topic

#1 ñΩxicity

ñΩxicity

Resident Åsshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

As mentioned in my "Nationalities" topic, I'm just now playing through XCOM 2 so if anyone already is aware of this, then whatever. Yesterday I was playing a "Terror" mission somewhere in India and this time the aliens (programmers) decided to throw some Chryssalids in for shits and giggles. I generally like to send my rangers (phantom/conceal) around to liberate the civilians because they usually stay hidden, unless of course they run into a Faceless.

I notice that this civilian is close to the starting area and send my ranger after him. About 4 paces from the circle proximity a Chryssalid un-burrows out of the ground and starts to approach the civvy, it then stops; starts heading towards the area where my other soldiers are then stops again. After all of that running around it turns and runs behind a building. So I was thinking....there's something clearly off about this civvy and low and behold once my ranger got next to him *POOF* he turns into a Faceless.

So for me, it has kind of ruined any surprise about the faceless, and isn't there a tech that reveals them? If so there's no point in wasting money on it if there's Chryssalids running around.

-NoX
"If you win it's just a game, but if you lose it's a complete waste of time"

-Al Bundy (Married With Children)

#2 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

I would't call that a ruined surprise - it is more a testament to your strategic mind!

#3 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:45 AM

Battle scanner is your friend for detecting faceless. But it's not useless, it's pretty amazing tool.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 ñΩxicity

ñΩxicity

Resident Åsshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:02 AM

silencer_pl, on 11 October 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

Battle scanner is your friend for detecting faceless. But it's not useless, it's pretty amazing tool.

Nope, it's still a waste of money/supplies. Read above ^ In almost every game where you have advanced soldiers, when there's a map where the faceless are involved. It becomes a moot point. The majority of the time I killed off all the "harder" aliens, yet waiting around for them to come towards my group. Terror missions suck yo.

-NoX
"If you win it's just a game, but if you lose it's a complete waste of time"

-Al Bundy (Married With Children)

#5 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:03 AM

And you know that battle scanner is not only used for detecting faceless but also for better planning of movement too? I will still stay by my word. It is excellent tool.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users