BB's Toolkit old version (2008 I think)

3371-Alpha

I'm looking for an old xcomutil 9.6 compatible version of the toolkit. I'd preferably want the last xcomutil 9.6 compatible version, but at this point, I'm willing to accept any version that's also compatible with 9.6. I'm still using xcomutil 9.6 far personal reasons, mostly hardware support, so I also need other mods to be compatible with it. Unfortunately I don't know any specific version numbers.

According to the addon file from the version you linked me above, "This version of BBMod has only been tested with XcomUtil 9.7.

The detected version of XcomUtil is higher then this.

Compatibility is not guaranteed.", I think what we're looking for is a version that uses the old xcuhook.bat method of integration.

2014? That doesn't sound right, I'm sure I logged in this year already...

The last build of the pack built to work with XCU 9.6 would've been the one uploaded 25th February, 2010. I wouldn't expect anyone to still have that, though Hobbes or Munkeylord would probably be the two most likely suspects. Basically any build with a XcomUtil folder in it is for 9.7+.

I suppose it's no good my pointing out that both later versions of the kit, as well as XCU 9.7, should function just fine in a non-Windows environment (eg via Boxer)... If they don't, then I wouldn't mind knowing what happens instead so I can attempt a fix.

Prior to XCU 9.7, I didn't actually use the xcuhook batches at all - instead, I simply edited the main RunXcomW batch directly to incorporate calls into my code, then included that extra launcher under an alternate filename. My problem with the hook batches was that if I included them in my archive, and you wanted to use some other mod that also used hook batches, then extracting either mod into your game directory could break the other - you'd need to manually edit those hook batches if you want to use multiple executable-based mods with XCU. My solution wasn't really all that much better, but long story short, Blade's "addon" system fixes all this.

But let's say you really, really want to stick with 9.6. You should be able to use the most up to date version of BBMod if you just add the following lines to the following files (creating said files if they don't already exist):

xcuhook0.bat:    BBReset.exe
xcuhook1.bat:    BBReset.exe randomparameter

Your real problem may be with the graphical generator for the alternate coloured uniforms - that's written in Java, and while it should theoretically be quite possible to activate the relevant class file on a Mac (UniGen.class in the bb_tact folder), I'm not sure if you'll have a recent enough Java installation. I'm fairly certain I compiled under Java 6, which is possible to install into Leopard... but still, odds are you'll find all that a lot easier if you USB-drive your game installation to a Windows-based system, run UniGen.bat there, then copy the whole thing back to your older computer.

2014? That doesn't sound right, I'm sure I logged in this year already...

I was pretty sure it said you were last online in 2014. Or maybe that was the last time you posted something? Whatever, it doesn't matter. Sorry about the gross misinformation about your last login date. Regardless, I'm glad you're here. If anyone can solve this issue it's you.

The last build of the pack built to work with XCU 9.6 would've been the one uploaded 25th February, 2010. I wouldn't expect anyone to still have that, though Hobbes or Munkeylord would probably be the two most likely suspects. Basically any build with a XcomUtil folder in it is for 9.7+.

I suppose it's no good my pointing out that both later versions of the kit, as well as XCU 9.7, should function just fine in a non-Windows environment (eg via Boxer)... If they don't, then I wouldn't mind knowing what happens instead so I can attempt a fix.

From what I've read from Blade's website, although xcomutil it's self runs in dosbox, the xcusetup script from 9.7 doesn't. I've also tested & confirmed this. And although this can be circumvented by borrowing a friend's PC (which is actually what I was planing on doing to install your toolkit), I think I speak for all of us when I say it'd be more convenient to run it within the same environment as the game. Another reason I still use 9.6 is for the old BaseFixer mod (of which I actually wrote a thread on how to make work in DOSBox) which I don't believe works with 9.7.

Prior to XCU 9.7, I didn't actually use the xcuhook batches at all - instead, I simply edited the main RunXcomW batch directly to incorporate calls into my code, then included that extra launcher under an alternate filename. My problem with the hook batches was that if I included them in my archive, and you wanted to use some other mod that also used hook batches, then extracting either mod into your game directory could break the other - you'd need to manually edit those hook batches if you want to use multiple executable-based mods with XCU. My solution wasn't really all that much better, but long story short, Blade's "addon" system fixes all this.

So basically you had to hack a hack. Doesn't sound very clean or stable. I kind of see why Blade replaced it now.

But let's say you really, really want to stick with 9.6. You should be able to use the most up to date version of BBMod if you just add the following lines to the following files (creating said files if they don't already exist):

xcuhook0.bat: BBReset.exe
xcuhook1.bat: BBReset.exe randomparameter

Thanks, so basically I just have to create first the hook 0 and add "BBReset.exe" to it, then a hook 1 and add "BBReset.exe randomparameter".

Your real problem may be with the graphical generator for the alternate coloured uniforms - that's written in Java, and while it should theoretically be quite possible to activate the relevant class file on a Mac (UniGen.class in the bb_tact folder), I'm not sure if you'll have a recent enough Java installation. I'm fairly certain I compiled under Java 6, which is possible to install into Leopard... but still, odds are you'll find all that a lot easier if you USB-drive your game installation to a Windows-based system, run UniGen.bat there, then copy the whole thing back to your older computer.

Actually, although Java 6 was released for Leopard, it was only for 64-bit intel Macs. I'm on PowerPC (granted it's a 64-bit G5/970) so I'm stuck with Java 5. It's worth noting that there was an unofficial BSD OpenJDK 7 build for PPC, but it has some drawbacks, mainly the lack of webstart & that it runs in the Xquartz envirnment.

From what I've read from Blade's website, although xcomutil it's self runs in dosbox, the xcusetup script from 9.7 doesn't. I've also tested & confirmed this.

Bit of confusion here - Blade's current site has two blog posts on it, copy'n'pasted over from his older one. The paragraphs down the bottom cover what he intended to do. The stuff above that covers what he later did do - including the development of one single installer that works under 16bit DOSBox, 32bit Windows, as well as 64bit Windows.

Assuming you're downloading "XcomUtil 9.7.zip", simply extract it directly into your game installation folder and run "xcusetup.bat" from within there. Note that "SteamSetup.bat" in the "XcomUtil" subfolder will not work; that's intended for users who wish to launch the game via a Windows-based Steam client (ie not you).

Testing it out for myself, I see that Blade's stuff works fine but mine does not. As a stop-gap solution, in XcomUtil\Addon\BBMod.bat, replace:

REM ###################################
REM Apply - Post XcuSetup changes
:Apply

if not "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%" == "" (
if not exist bb_tact\PCK\Kevlar (
if not exist bb_tact\PCK\Diving (
 cd bb_tact
 call UniGen.bat
 cd ..
)
)
)

goto EOF

... with:

REM ###################################
REM Apply - Post XcuSetup changes
:Apply

if "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%" == "" goto EOF
if exist bb_tact\PCK\Kevlar goto EOF
if exist bb_tact\PCK\Diving goto EOF

cd bb_tact
call UniGen.bat
cd ..

goto EOF

The BBMod.bat in the main game folder (for playing my mod without XcomUtil) will require a bit more work; I'll patch that up and upload a proper fix tomorrow.

Nevermind, done it, see the below post.

So basically you had to hack a hack. Doesn't sound very clean or stable. I kind of see why Blade replaced it now.

Well, sort of. Scott had good reason to do things the way he did, and Blade didn't actually change all that much with his system in terms of the basic underlying principles behind it.

The deal is that UFO consists of two main executable files - one, GeoScape.exe, handles base management and the world map, while the other, Tactical.exe, handles ground missions.

The game is started through a batch file that first starts up the GeoScape engine. When the player is ready play a mission, GeoScape performs a game save to the MissDat subfolder and then exits, passing a special errlevel code back to the batch file.

The batch then starts the Tactical engine, which loads the MissDat save and takes you through combat. Once that's over, another save is placed in MissDat, the Tactical engine exits out, and the batch loads the GeoScape engine again (which loads the latest MissDat data and carries on from there). This back-and-forth continues until the GeoScape engine exits with a different error level code (indicating to the batch that the user is trying to quit the game), at which point you go back to the DOS prompt.

So let's say you start the game, fight a battle, return to the world map and then quit. The sequence goes:

GeoScape
Tactical
GeoScape
Quit

XcomUtil's edited batch calls its own executable files inbetween the points where control is passed between the GeoScape and Tactical executables. This allows it to modify the MissDat saves (as well as other data files) in order to provide more features and fix the effects of certain bugs:

GeoScape
XcomUtil
Tactical
XcomUtil
GeoScape
Quit

My mods work the same way, as does Spike's BaseFixer. So that we didn't all "have" to provide modified versions of the original game batch like Scott did, he incorporated his hook system into XCU's main batch:

xcuhook0.bat
GeoScape
xcuhook1.bat
XcomUtil
xcuhook2.bat
Tactical
xcuhook3.bat
XcomUtil
xcuhook4.bat
GeoScape
Quit

Blade's addon system extends on this - instead of providing a bunch of xcuhook files with your mod and hoping they don't conflict with other mods (or relying on mod users to manually modify the hook files), you provide a single batch that specifies the points in the run order where you want you execute your stuff. The user runs XcuSetup, which detects the addon batches available and automatically integrates them all together (even prompting the user to pick which ones they want to enable / disable). When the game is started, the execution order becomes:

GameInit Addons
GeoScape
PreTacticalPreXcomUtil Addons
XcomUtil
PreTacticalAfterXcomUtil Addons
Tactical
AfterTacticalPreXcomUtil Addons
XcomUtil
AfterTacticalAfterXcomUtil Addons
GeoScape
ExitGame Addons
Quit

Another reason I still use 9.6 is for the old BaseFixer mod (of which I actually wrote a thread on how to make work in DOSBox) which I don't believe works with 9.7.

Less "doesn't work", more "isn't packaged for" - if you've got the gist of the above, then you'll see that there's no real difference between a mod built to be compatible with either 9.6 or 9.7. It's simply a case of either using hook batches or an addon batch to incorporate additional mods into the game's execution order.

For example, if you paste this lot into eg "BaseFixr.bat" and stick that in XCU 9.7's Addons subfolder, XCUSetup will offer to incorporate Spike's Base Fixer.

I've just updated my kit with the fixed batches; had to link offsite as our file uploader here is a little rickety...

I've also uploaded pre-generated versions of the alternate coloured uniform graphics, accessible via the same page. You can now download them directly. Remember that deleting bb_tact\Config\bbmod.ini will cause the mod to re-prompt you as to whether you want to use those uniforms, if that file already exists and you don't wish to manually change it.

Bit of confusion here - Blade's current site has two blog posts on it, copy'n'pasted over from his older one. The paragraphs down the bottom cover what he intended to do. The stuff above that covers what he later did do - including the development of one single installer that works under 16bit DOSBox, 32bit Windows, as well as 64bit Windows.

Assuming you're downloading "XcomUtil 9.7.zip", simply extract it directly into your game installation folder and run "xcusetup.bat" from within there. Note that "SteamSetup.bat" in the "XcomUtil" subfolder will not work; that's intended for users who wish to launch the game via a Windows-based Steam client (ie not you).

That's exactly what I ran, however all it did was tell me it was backing up the original files then quits to the dos prompt. Additional run attempts have it tell me that it's "restoring defaults" with it giving me pretty much the same result. It's also worth noting that the FAQ on Blades page states "The DOS versions of UFO and TFTD work with XcomUtil using DOSBox. However the xcusetup.bat does not currently work in DosBox. You have to run the setup in windows and then run the games from DOSBox."

Testing it out for myself, I see that Blade's stuff works fine but mine does not. As a stop-gap solution, in XcomUtil\Addon\BBMod.bat, replace:

Nevermind, done it, see the below post.

That's perhaps one of the quickest patches I've ever seen! Your dedication is admirable.

Well, sort of. Scott had good reason to do things the way he did, and Blade didn't actually change all that much with his system in terms of the basic underlying principles behind it.

The deal is that UFO consists of two main executable files - one, GeoScape.exe, handles base management and the world map, while the other, Tactical.exe, handles ground missions.

The game is started through a batch file that first starts up the GeoScape engine. When the player is ready play a mission, GeoScape performs a game save to the MissDat subfolder and then exits, passing a special errlevel code back to the batch file.

The batch then starts the Tactical engine, which loads the MissDat save and takes you through combat. Once that's over, another save is placed in MissDat, the Tactical engine exits out, and the batch loads the GeoScape engine again (which loads the latest MissDat data and carries on from there). This back-and-forth continues until the GeoScape engine exits with a different error level code (indicating to the batch that the user is trying to quit the game), at which point you go back to the DOS prompt.

So let's say you start the game, fight a battle, return to the world map and then quit. The sequence goes:

GeoScape
Tactical
GeoScape
Quit

XcomUtil's edited batch calls its own executable files inbetween the points where control is passed between the GeoScape and Tactical executables. This allows it to modify the MissDat saves (as well as other data files) in order to provide more features and fix the effects of certain bugs:

GeoScape
XcomUtil
Tactical
XcomUtil
GeoScape
Quit

My mods work the same way, as does Spike's BaseFixer. So that we didn't all "have" to provide modified versions of the original game batch like Scott did, he incorporated his hook system into XCU's main batch:

xcuhook0.bat
GeoScape
xcuhook1.bat
XcomUtil
xcuhook2.bat
Tactical
xcuhook3.bat
XcomUtil
xcuhook4.bat
GeoScape
Quit

Blade's addon system extends on this - instead of providing a bunch of xcuhook files with your mod and hoping they don't conflict with other mods (or relying on mod users to manually modify the hook files), you provide a single batch that specifies the points in the run order where you want you execute your stuff. The user runs XcuSetup, which detects the addon batches available and automatically integrates them all together (even prompting the user to pick which ones they want to enable / disable). When the game is started, the execution order becomes:

GameInit Addons
GeoScape
PreTacticalPreXcomUtil Addons
XcomUtil
PreTacticalAfterXcomUtil Addons
Tactical
AfterTacticalPreXcomUtil Addons
XcomUtil
AfterTacticalAfterXcomUtil Addons
GeoScape
ExitGame Addons
Quit

Thanks for the insight. I understood that the dos x-com had two executables. I however, didn't realize how xcomutil performed it's fixes. That's interesting.

Less "doesn't work", more "isn't packaged for" - if you've got the gist of the above, then you'll see that there's no real difference between a mod built to be compatible with either 9.6 or 9.7. It's simply a case of either using hook batches or an addon batch to incorporate additional mods into the game's execution order.

For example, if you paste this lot into eg "BaseFixr.bat" and stick that in XCU 9.7's Addons subfolder, XCUSetup will offer to incorporate Spike's Base Fixer.

Thanks. This may sound like a stupid question but do I still need the BaseFixer.bat file that's included with the BaseFixer download if I use this addon?

That's exactly what I ran, however all it did was tell me it was backing up the original files then quits to the dos prompt. Additional run attempts have it tell me that it's "restoring defaults" with it giving me pretty much the same result.

Tricky.

I wonder if your build of Boxer happens to be based on DOSBox 1.73? That particular release happens to be bugged in ways that're relevant to XCU, but testing it under Windows I don't get those same results in the way it bugs out. Besides, I'd expect the setup batch to specifically warn you if it detected that specific build of DOSBox (although, Boxer might mask it...).

As it happens, I've got an iBook G4 that's been gathering dust. I'll see what I can do in regards to getting a Leopard build onto it. Should be able to figure things out from there.

It's also worth noting that the FAQ on Blades page states: ...

... which is contradicted by the paragraph directly above it. Seems the bit you've quoted is some old text he didn't get around to removing, which presumably has to do with the way the old 9.6 setup script skips a feature if you try to run it under DOSBox (due to lack of Java).

Thanks for the insight. I understood that the dos x-com had two executables. I however, didn't realize how xcomutil performed it's fixes. That's interesting.

There's a little more to it than that (both it and my mods add and edit certain files at the time of installation), though it covers the stuff that's relevant to using similar mods with XCU.

Long story short it's really convenient that the game works like that. The Windows version of the game merged both executables into one - Scott split them back up again and we can hence apply the same modding technique there. :)

Thanks. This may sound like a stupid question but do I still need the BaseFixer.bat file that's included with the BaseFixer download if I use this addon?

Yes.

Turns out Boxer 1.3.3 is indeed based on DOSBox 0.74, the latest stable release. I was able to reproduce the symptoms using it, but I then tested under vanilla DOSBox and the installer worked fine. There's certainly better performance under Boxer when actually playing, though - I assume it tweaks a few default settings.

Disappointingly, the shareware release of Epic Pinball included also fails (stalling at random before I can actually start playing), and they've got the wrong cover art for Keen 4...

But anyway, the setup steps are:

• Take your game, extract XCU 9.7 into it. (And my stuff if you like, though bear in mind that earlier builds of Finder (like the one in Leopard) don't understand the concept of "merging folders" - you'll need to manually copy the content of each subfolder from my toolkit into any existing subfolders within the game directory).
  • Install vanilla DOSBox 0.74 to Applications and start it. Or just run it from within the DMG, if you like.
  • Mount the game folder as a drive. Assuming you've placed it on your desktop for eg, you might enter something like "mount c ~\Desktop\UFOFolder".
  • Enter "c:" to switch to the mounted volume. Enter "setup" to configure the game's sound settings, then "xcusetup" to configure XComUtil.
  • Quit vanilla DOSBox and start Boxer. Import the game, run it, and select "runxcom.bat" as the default launch file.

And off you go. :)

Tricky.

I wonder if your build of Boxer happens to be based on DOSBox 1.73? That particular release happens to be bugged in ways that're relevant to XCU, but testing it under Windows I don't get those same results in the way it bugs out. Besides, I'd expect the setup batch to specifically warn you if it detected that specific build of DOSBox (although, Boxer might mask it...).

I'm pretty sure that it stated somewhere that it was based on the 1.74 final release.

As it happens, I've got an iBook G4 that's been gathering dust. I'll see what I can do in regards to getting a Leopard build onto it. Should be able to figure things out from there.

It's good to see someone else on here with similar hardware. I have to say, despite X-COM being designed for a completely different OS & processor architecture It runs at impressive speeds on my G5. In fact, the only DOS games I can't run at reasonable speeds are 3D games and shooters. Everything else runs perfectly.

... which is contradicted by the paragraph directly above it. Seems the bit you've quoted is some old text he didn't get around to removing, which presumably has to do with the way the old 9.6 setup script skips a feature if you try to run it under DOSBox (due to lack of Java).

Actually I've ran the 9.6 setup in Boxer and it still asks me if I want the "new" farm textures, despite the lack of java in dos.

There's a little more to it than that (both it and my mods add and edit certain files at the time of installation), though it covers the stuff that's relevant to using similar mods with XCU.

Long story short it's really convenient that the game works like that. The Windows version of the game merged both executables into one - Scott split them back up again and we can hence apply the same modding technique there. smile.png

Interesting. It's a shame they never released a Mac native version of the original game. Of course, given that Apple has never been big on gaming from the beginning, it is sort of expected. Also, even if it did happen, Apple's transition from the classic Mac OS to OS X would have likely made it moot. None the less, it still would have been nice.

Turns out Boxer 1.3.3 is indeed based on DOSBox 0.74, the latest stable release. I was able to reproduce the symptoms using it, but I then tested under vanilla DOSBox and the installer worked fine. There's certainly better performance under Boxer when actually playing, though - I assume it tweaks a few default settings.

Disappointingly, the shareware release of Epic Pinball included also fails (stalling at random before I can actually start playing), and they've got the wrong cover art for Keen 4...

I believe Boxer's default settings are different from the vanilla DOSBox in that by default their optimized for improved performance on the Mac. What I mean by that is that, for example, it runs in OpenGL mode by default, If your processor supports it it will run in dynamic mode by default, things like that.

Also Boxer is sort of how I got introduced to X-COM. It includes the demo of the game, which I first played. I liked it so much I had to buy it! Eventually I wanted a little more out of x-com, so I proceeded to mod it. Ironically, the first thing that popped up was the old xcomutil website. After more researching, one thing led to another, and I found my self here.

But anyway, the setup steps are:

• Take your game, extract XCU 9.7 into it. (And my stuff if you like, though bear in mind that earlier builds of Finder (like the one in Leopard) don't understand the concept of "merging folders" - you'll need to manually copy the content of each subfolder from my toolkit into any existing subfolders within the game directory).
  • Install vanilla DOSBox 0.74 to Applications and start it. Or just run it from within the DMG, if you like.
  • Mount the game folder as a drive. Assuming you've placed it on your desktop for eg, you might enter something like "mount c ~\Desktop\UFOFolder".
  • Enter "c:" to switch to the mounted volume. Enter "setup" to configure the game's sound settings, then "xcusetup" to configure XComUtil.
  • Quit vanilla DOSBox and start Boxer. Import the game, run it, and select "runxcom.bat" as the default launch file.

And off you go. smile.png

Since your toolkit already requires a windows computer, I'm probably just going to skip installing vanilla dosbox on my computer and use my buddy's PC. That way I can run & setup everything in one shot. Also after 8 years of using Leopard, I'm kind of use to having to merge directories manually. Anyways, I can't thank you enough for your help. Most people will just laugh and say "Wow, that's an old computer. Good luck trying to make that run."

Since your toolkit already requires a windows computer, I'm probably just going to skip installing vanilla dosbox on my computer and use my buddy's PC. That way I can run & setup everything in one shot. Also after 8 years of using Leopard, I'm kind of use to having to merge directories manually. Anyways, I can't thank you enough for your help. Most people will just laugh and say "Wow, that's an old computer. Good luck trying to make that run."

This is what I'm saying, you don't need to use a different computer at all - you can install everything you need on your current unit. BBMod only required Windows (or Java at least) to generate the alternate coloured uniforms, and those can now be downloaded directly.

Oh, thanks. Sorry about that, didn't thoroughly read that part.

On a few side questions, I presume I still need to run BBMod.bat if I install xcu alongside your toolkit, correct? Also are those alternate color uniforms you said you can download the same thing as Bagirov's Camo or is that a different sprite pack?

I presume I still need to run BBMod.bat if I install xcu alongside your toolkit, correct?

No. XCUSetup will prompt you as to whether you want to use BBMod or not. If you say yes, then RunXcom.bat will load BBMod (along with XcomUtil and any other addons you select). BBMod.bat is only for if you wish to use BBMod alone.

Also are those alternate color uniforms you said you can download the same thing as Bagirov's Camo or is that a different sprite pack?

No, my alternate colour set is nothing more than that - the vanilla uniforms presented using different colours (you can see previews in my documentation files).

Alright, got it installed and setup. It's running quite nicely. Thanks for your help BB.

Before you go though, I have a few semi-arbitrary questions about xcomutil 9.7 (I hope I'm not annoying you with all these questions). Anyways, is there any difference between the "community patches" that xcomutil provides verses zombie's combo patch? Same with the UFO Voice patch.

(I hope I'm not annoying you with all these questions)

Not at all.

Anyways, is there any difference between the "community patches" that xcomutil provides verses zombie's combo patch?

Zombie's patch was included within XCU 9.7, but later updates to that patch were not incorporated. Whether you tell XCUSetup to install its version doesn't really matter if you intend to install the stand-alone version over the top anyway.

Same with the UFO Voice patch.

Best I can make out XCU deals with more than just voices.

Hmm, one of the xcu entries for community patches states "UFO: Explosive Terrain [All things that explode does damage]", I don't think that patch is included with Zombie's combo patch, Also I've never heard of such issue.

Best I can make out XCU deals with more than just voices.

I think you're right. After doing some of my own research, I believe the voices patch only changes the death sounds for the aliens (hence "voices"), while xcu's patch changes all sounds to there pre-1.4 glory. I think this one really just boils down to taste.

Hmm, one of the xcu entries for community patches states "UFO: Explosive Terrain [All things that explode does damage]", I don't think that patch is included with Zombie's combo patch

Yes, it's included in my patch. The items which did "explode" only produced smoke (much like a smoke grenade) not high explosive damage which was probably intended by the devs. I left the explosive strength alone for the items. ;)

- Zombie

Oh, thanks for clearing that up Zombie. I presume the version of your combo mod that's included with xcu is probably outdated though, right? Also, never realized this but according to xcu's instructions, it also already contains the USO swap fix, Survey Ship routes, interception screen fix and the dye grenade fix for TFTD. Cool, so that means I wont have to download each individually.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up Zombie. I presume the version of your combo mod that's included with xcu is probably outdated though, right?

Probably, don't remember the last time Blade released a new version of XCU. ;)

Also, never realized this but according to xcu's instructions, it also already contains the USO swap fix, Survey Ship routes, interception screen fix and the dye grenade fix for TFTD. Cool, so that means I wont have to download each individually.

I'm not positive on this, but I think XCU's fix for the dye grenade is to pump it up to 100 smoke damage. (It's normal unaltered damage is a puny 10). Is 100 what the devs wanted and just forgot to add a zero? Maybe, maybe not. I tried using the dye grenade set to 100 smoke and it's way overkill. My fix is to set the damage to 60 like in UFO and that worked fine for me. Your mileage may vary of course, and some people don't use dye grenades anyway. huh.png

- Zombie

Totally the other way around Alpha, thank you for your interest, for posting and for becoming a member at StrategyCore. (Welcome to the forums by the way). There's a reason why I still stick around these parts, and that's because of the great community (and not just here, but the X-COM/XCOM community in general). thumbsup.gif

- Zombie

Thanks. Before we close up this thread though, I have 2 more questions. First (this is probably more of a BB question) when I ran BB's toolkit and enabled the custom uniforms, it didn't give me the option to chose what "skin" is used in which environment. Do I have to edit the settings file manually to make such choices? Second, running RunXcom.bat now tells me it's attempting to make directories, but that it failed. Is this normal? I've attached a picture below for you to view.

post-17434-0-30920200-1475612156_thumb.png