49 replies to this topic

#21 Ki-tat Chung

Ki-tat Chung

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:32 PM

Oh? there are many things in reallife that are not implemented. swimming for example. why use magion armor when you can swim? or currents.
"help sarge! i'm being dragged away by the current"
"there ain't no currents here, sonny. the programmers were too lazy to program us a current" :blink:

#22 ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Veteran Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:13 PM

Hehe, it's nice to see my post flourish with many anti-Enforcer posts. :blink:
Proud veteran of the X-COM Alliance Sim
[ JG-7X3 ]

#23 Loonie

Loonie

Lieutenant And Leader Of The X-Com Genesis Sim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:54 PM

Lol, I think it kinda goes against what this forum was made for. To praise and talk about X-Com games. :blink: But still...it makes for good reading. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur
Lieutenant and former CO of Alpha Squad
Reason: A mind-controlled Commander and a whiny outlook on life in general.

#24 ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Veteran Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:42 AM

Enforcer doesn't deserve the name of X-COM, so technically we're not talking about an X-COM game. :blink:
[ JG-7X3 ]

#25 Strong Bob

Strong Bob

Sailor Jupiter is hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 12:02 AM

Even when one does not deserve it's position, doesn't necessarily mean it can't have it.  :blink:
Strong Bob's random Star Trek quote of the year:

*Scans rock* "It's dead, Jim." - McCoy

"Very funny, Bones." - Kirk

#26 ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Veteran Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:33 PM

Yes, most things in this world can be obtained with money... :dead:
[ JG-7X3 ]

#27 Neorapsta

Neorapsta

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:11 PM

One thing I love about this, it people saying it's a stripped down version of Alliance.  When it isn't, nor does it even use the same engine that Alliance was using.

I also get annoyed by people complaining about something the way they wanted it rather than the way it is.

#28 Martian

Martian

Squaddie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:21 PM

ShadowBlade, on Apr 10 2004, 04:13 PM, said:

Hehe, it's nice to see my post flourish with many anti-Enforcer posts. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:)  :)  :)  :)  :D

#29 DragonHawk

DragonHawk

XCAS Inquisitor

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:26 PM

Good gawd, Shadow is going to be thrilled that someone ressurrected this retarded thread.  :D
Lance Corporal Derrick "DragonHawk" Ko
Combat Engineer, Kappa Team
X-Com Alliance Sim

#30 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:20 PM

DragonHawk, on Mar 17 2005, 03:26 PM, said:

Good gawd, Shadow is going to be thrilled that someone ressurrected this retarded thread.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And got banned for it... :)

#31 Aralez

Aralez

Forum Grandpa'

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:22 PM

I better do not mention then that i really liked that game... It is a very good arcade shooter, sure it has almost nothing to do with the Xcom series, but it is very playable.

#32 ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Veteran Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:16 AM

Oh? Someone ressurrected this ancient thread! Well, I can't blame him, the hatred for this game never dies. :D
[ JG-7X3 ]

#33 Kret

Kret

Lieutenant

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:53 AM

The problem is that the resurection was done with a spam post with absolutely no text in it other than a random quote of a prior reply. A nasty way of resurrecting if you ask me.
There's always some dirt to dig out

#34 Strong Bob

Strong Bob

Sailor Jupiter is hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:54 PM

Why would somebody get banned for that? There was no malicious attack or spamming behaviour. It looked like the guy was just making a quip to Shadow's comment. No dialogue was really required for the point he was making. (Even if it was slightly mocking.)

C'mon guys. We're not going to attract new posters if they just get banned for small things like that. Unless I'm missing something... But I'm of the opinion that a post can have context without content, like the one above. It was undeserving of a ban, but then again this forum has become so huge, the guy might have made an actual offense somewhere else without me knowing, so maybe I shouldn't be talking...

To keep inline with the topic...

I better do not mention then that i really liked that game... It is a very good arcade shooter, sure it has almost nothing to do with the Xcom series, but it is very playable.

I think that's what people seem to miss about things. When a game is ported to the movies, or if a sequel deviates from a predecesor's design or premise, people seem to expect things to be exactly as the counterpart dictates. Whether or not X-COM Enforcer was a good game, it shouldn't be associated with the X-COM series as a basis for it's own value. You might as well judge UFO Aftermath purely on comparison with X-COM Ufo Defense. The name is all Enforcer has.

Now... Some things one should also consider. Enforcer was not a popular game to the public in general, not just to X-COM purists. Arcade shooters may play this game, hate it, and it's impression impairs future sales because it made a bad impression to a particular target audience. It further impairs sales because the game was not taken well by X-COM players, therefore future X-COM games would become: "Blah! They buggered up Enforcer. Like hell I'm playing Alliance or Genesis." (I realize that the majority of this forum will easily contradict that with their former ambitions to play those games, but remember I'm speaking of both X-COM players and the common gamer.)

So is Enforcer a shame? No. Not in my belief. But is it bad to have the title of X-COM? Yes. Speaking on a corporate level, where sales and the interest of consumers are concerned, it should not be named X-COM. If it was taken a lot better by then general crowd, I would wager to disagree with this, but it wasn't.

I personally have not played Enforcer yet. Though I've seen tons of videos and screenshots and the like. (I saw someone play it a long time ago. Before I even knew what X-COM UFO Defense was. I was so uninterested in it back then, that I only remember that the terrain was gray. Nothing else. Probably an urban setting but I couldn't tell you.) It does not look like my style at all. So I'm lucky as hell that it was not my first impression of X-COM. Because I would not be posting here today if it were. :cool:
Strong Bob's random Star Trek quote of the year:

*Scans rock* "It's dead, Jim." - McCoy

"Very funny, Bones." - Kirk

#35 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

The Smily Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:30 AM

Don't worry, you are missing something. Martian asked for it, he did more then necro this thread.  :cool:
BB's X-Com Projects Page - X-Com Games At GamersGate
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
We love Tammy! :)

#36 z00L

z00L

Precise Tactition

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

enforcer = shabby cheap lame FPS..what a let down :confused:

#37 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

We added Enforcer to the files section some time ago. The downloads haven't been very popular :confused:

#38 Stun Grenade

Stun Grenade

Keeping Mega-Primus safe since 2080

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

Maybe because it isn't a popular game?
"The Stun Grenade can be used to stun targets within a small area for a brief time. Larger Aliens may need weakening before they can be stunned."

#39 Blehm 98

Blehm 98

former bf2 pro... left because of hitreg...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

I haven't even wanted to look at it, if it isn't a good Xcom or other good series i won't play it

Hmmm, just checked out Martian's posts, what a waste of webspace
I was this *---* close to being a bf2 pro player, but i left because of my internet and hitreg...  meh.  Just plain meh

#40 Azrael Strife

Azrael Strife

Captain

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

I'd say it's terribly crappy as part of the X-Com Saga, and a bad TPS (Third-Person Shooter, is that the term? it's not first person...), I personally *love* FPSs and the like, but this game is unbearable, I found it very lacking in all areas.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users