Allies, Alliances, etc stuff.

Strokend

Some other threads have pointed out wanting to cease trade without starting a war, but I'm not sure how thorough it's been covered. I've got a few ideas that may solve it, if possible.

1. Break treaty actually breaks the treaty. They become neutral to you, breaking off the trades while not taking back their dudes.
  2. New button, "Renounce Alliance." This actually tells them you want to break the alliance. They may request supplies, like they often do when asked for peace or alliance.
  3. Returning allies. When you ally with them again later (I know it's possible), they send their dudes back. Is it possible to return a person from the inactive list to the active lists?
  4. Replacing allies. Drones come in 'Drone 1, Drone 2,' etc., so is it possible for the aliens to do so? Reallying could get you Oggie 2, for example.
  5. New buttons, "Request reinforcements" and "Offer reinforcements." Offering reinforcements would probably just offer drones, but it would give an excuse to pile up a dozen unupgraded drones.

Are there any mods that do these, or would it be possible to mod it that way? And since this is already an allies thread, here's some more ideas:

• Specific requests. I don't like that they will request specific things, but you can't. I'd like to be able to ask for reticulan laser rifles, or batteries, or even a specific resource that I need one more of.
  • "Request aid." Sometimes I've got one Reticulan nation attacking me before I have the leadership to deal with it, and just want to ask the others to take care of the problem for me. I wouldn't mind giving up a few items in exchange for it, even if I gotta control them and lose the items even if they lose the mission. Additionally, if they randomly requested aid, it would be interesting to be able to pop into an ally's territory just to defend their base (Unless, of course, they get to control your squad and have a chance of losing members).
  • Other nations actually take you up on "Offer territory," especially when they're down to one place. I rather dislike not being able to abduct one of a race without killing it off entirely. Yes, I've managed to do that several times, especially with the Martians.
  • NPC ally squads. Tying into requesting aid, or perhaps when assaulting a beastmen camp that the reticulans/expedition are next to as well, allies can pop up in the typical ~7 squad size. Whereas your team gets blue, and enemies get red backgrounds to their portrait, allies would get yellow or green. This would help when you forget to equip your scientist with a medkit, or have a low resistance to the enemy's attack type (Again: Without major leadership you're vulnerable to psionics).