Terror From the Deep Remastered Soundtrack

Kain

Hello everyone today I am releasing my remastered Terror From The Deep soundtrack. I always found the playstation versions of the songs to be a bit lacking so I redid all the music (minus the 2 tracks that TFTD Extender does not use).

Luke was nice enough to give me a page on his site.

OpenXComMods Page

MP3 Version (Drop Box Mirror)

File Dropper didn't seem to like the mp3 version, so if you want that version use the dropbox mirror

OGG Version (Drop Box Mirror)

OGG Version (File Dropper Mirror)

---How to Install---

Install is very easy but it does require use of TFTD Extender.

Simply create a folder named MP3 or OGG and extract all the files in the rar to that folder.

Then open TFTDExtender.cfg and find the music section.

simply change Apply=0 to Apply=1

If you are using the mp3 version you're done, Yay! If you're using the ogg version read on

change MP3 Folder=MP3 to MP3 Folder=OGG

Now change all the music files from .mp3 to .ogg

If you have any questions or comments leave them here, email me (its in the readme) or head on over to my twitch tv channel https://www.twitch.tv/multitrackgaming

I hope you all like the soundtrack, happy hunting

silencer_pl: get some pre-made Gravis Ultrasound patches and set up Dosbox to use them. Then make TFTD use the GUS for music playback. The music is epic! It's like a live orchestra in a box.

Well... okay, epic as far as a nautical themed B-movie goes! ;)

Sorry Kain, just digressing there a bit.

- NKF

Nah you didn't digress. A love for the TFTD soundtrack is why I remastered it in the first place.

Slight update to the mp3 version I accidentally included the original psx soundtrack in the rar, this has been removed. Thanks to Luke for pointing that out.

Actually just listening to these now. Brilliant stuff.

It might be more prominent in the Playstation music, but the tuba in the background for Geoscape01 seems a bit over powering. I guess I'm more accustomed to it being a bit muter with the midi version.

@silencer_pl: you just reminded me, I need to see how UFO's soundtrack fares with its music played through the GUS.

- NKF

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Ahh, so this is the place I grabbed the remixed MP3s all them years ago...

Gives me pleasure to finally express my long overdue Thank you Kain thanks.gif

I am a firm believer in using only original content to experience the games as they were envisioned

but I am no stranger to exceptions when such quality improvements over the original are produced!

Your remix makes official PSX's soundtrack sound like is missing a few musicians from its orchestra.

P.S.

If anyone finds the links broken due to this bumpage - use Kain's OpenXComMods Page in 1st post.