Research problems?

Inviaible man

Hello. I have just started a game and advanced a bit. Im researching "human explosive" or "defensive droid chasis" (I have the game in spanish so I dont know if that is the literal name) and it comes to a point where the scientists say that they are stuck and they see no way to solve the problem.... What this mean? I have just changed the investigation, because I understood that they cannot complete that research... is it so or must I continue?

Thanks in advance

Each project have some points to finish. On difficulties higher than normal they need more research points because it is taking long for them to research they keep saying they hit an obstacle. Just keep researching and they will find the solution and say something like this: "Actually this was easy and we soon shall have a solution".

Thank you. I found it myself but thank you for replying.

I really like this game, it is very well designed. I dont understand why all the problems people has according to the other posts. It is just that they dont get the way this game must be played. Im playing on dificult level and it is enough challenging. For instance fighting the beast men at first, with only terran guns and grenades, you must maneuver a lot and attack from different and simultaneous angles, not just that you stay in place shooting and win... Also diversifying your troops and weapons is better than a single strategy. You really must put some brains here...

The only thing I have problems now is that I dont have enough technicians and time to produce what I need. I have them with enough skills -I put them to study very soon-, but now, when I have just restocked ammunition and grenades, another invasion from beast men depletes it again and put the men on hospital. So I cant make them study more -automatization for instance-, nor can I produce the new missile launchers or heavy suits. I wonder if I will get more technicians soon. With scientists it is not so problematic, anyways I have the working full in 2 laboratories.

Anyways, I have just met the reticulan expedition and didnt start any terraforming yet, so it is a long way ahead...

Beaten the game multiple times on impossible even the total rebalance mod that wasn't quite finished and authors said themselves that it will quite impossible to pass. The trick is you need to find the right pattern for research, production and those techs/ scientists that go in buggies.

For example I just add this main head guy in one tech mission so he can level up to get enough points for driver upgrade then he just solos every geo station / terraforming station

Yes actually Im playing very nice. Just restarted from a previous save once because some training didnt satisfy me. Anyways I couldnt undo some training or I had to re-start from very begining. The only thing I have problems with now is I dont know what type of damage to use against marcians (¿marcianos, the last race?). Well I know a basic way but I am not telling for the spoiler. Anyways I am researching marcian authopsy now...

The previous problem with not being able to produce enough to restock is solved because I researched the proper techs to use beast men weapons, so I used those only for a long time and meanwhile produced what I needed. Now I am combining all types of weapons and techs (earthen, reticulan, beast men, only marcian I dont know yet). I have a precise plan for the trainings so I can use them all...

I reapeat that I like this game because it puts your brains to use and ALSO has fun in the tactical part. Well I have played the ufo and xcom series since begining, and I never get tired of them. Surely I will try the incoming last generation game of the series.