This Space ain't big enough...

As promised:

This is the immediate picture after I had Alliance with Liir. I know it's hardly readable but better map will be later.

s103.jpg

Like I said - I don't know how they caught it - probably through trade or something.

s104.jpg

This is the system that gives me the most headache

s105.jpg

Our homeworld recuperated from the virus. The damage was very high.

s105.jpg

This is the first encounter of Adamantine Alloyed with Absorbers Liir DN Blazer... Almost lost whole fleet because of it. Energy absorbers are too overpowered.

s107.jpg

After this encounter a new cruiser design is drawn. Not that effective as I would hope. It later is replaced with assault command.

s108.jpg

Just because they game still wants you to fail.

s109.jpg

After 20 turns from the last update the green liir finally realises what is best for him and his people.

s110.jpg

After a while we get an offer we can't refuse.

s111.jpg

I figured that since I am mass producing that cruisers I will need this station and I also need extra pair of eyes.

s112.jpg

Centrum dowodzenia - Command Centre or Strategy Core ;)

s113.jpg

Szperacz - Seeker, should help us spot those bastards at least long enough to react and will provide almost whole system visible during defence.

At turn 300 invasion fleet for third cluster assembled. Not top of the line but carries enough fire power to kill any opposition.

s114.jpg

This is how universe looks like from my perspective before the assault on the third cluster.

s115.jpg

Second attempt to capture those nodeless planets. Because of the not enough memory limit. I've lost all my CnCs thanks to the autoresolve.

s116.jpg

The Zuul either surrendered to the morrigi or I don't know how they are extinct.

s117.jpg

Our research log.

s118.jpg

And most of the salvaged projects.

s119.jpg

After 30 turns we almost control half of the third cluster.

s120.jpg

Slowly pushing thorugh. Morrigi seems to gain money because of gaining Zuul worlds. When I closed in to their worlds now they are sending some fleets at me. I've gained one of the nodeless planets I've send there 100 ships and they had 100 units there waiting of course I got out of memory crash so I had to trick him.

I am currently ranked 2 in global ranking but in number of colonies I am first. In number of ships, population and production I am ranked second. So yeah keep those dreads rolling.

It's pretty hard to push with 3 fleets when you are up against 4 enemies but another fleet is being assembled and reinforcements are also being built.

You shouldn't. Fish are hypocrite bastards that kill innocent civilians instead of proper fighting. Their peace preaching is full of nonsense. Instead of fighting my ships they speed race towards the planet and bomb everything they can.

On a happy note. Only 3 more colonies remain in the third cluster. 2 Morrigi and 1 pinkies. Also tarkas decided to drop by.

Their fleet of 19 DN's vs my fleet of 13 (ermm 3 ) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0oYpeqehBc

The only counter to Energy Absorbers/Blazer/Adamntine Alloys so far are Thumpers.

They use siege drivers sometimes.

Yes I too am a bit disappointed with Tractor beam, but same effect is with grav/pulsed grav beam - though they do damage and pretty decent one. I am still cursing why the hell I can't salvage positron beams.

And with absorbes someitmes make AM Cannons fire like projector :D

AI is fucking cowardly bastard. I've captured all the worlds in the third cluster and they've send combined force of 3 fleets against one of my system. Of course my defences are more than enough for them but I can't manage to defend the planet against 3 opponents. If only those !@#@! focused on my ships instead of planet.....

The good news is that there is a node jump to Morrigi cluster so there soon will be dead birds. I'll just need to gather my forces and launch attacks on both Morrigi and Pink Liir. I'll kill them all - no mercy.

And oh yeah. Finally got the positron beams tech from my last salvage project. Now I will have to salvage rest of the beams because of course If I can't get pre-req I will not get anything further the line.

Why would you go beams at all? Aren't heavy cannons much better? ;)

Otherwise I am completely surprised such attacks started this late. You've let them outtech and outcolonize you, so you can consider yourself extremely lucky to be alive - and on the road to victory. Usually on hard this would mean certain defeat...

Frankly we have three AARs on hard and all of us are alive and kicking. Either the game has grown soft on its old age or we are just that good. :D This is StrategyCore after all! https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/xtreme.gif

Really - I would like to see you expanding early in my position (and playing Humans/Zuul). Starting on the very edge of cluster, next cluster populated, then next one already claimed by someone else, planets in your system mainly of CH 400+ not to mention most of them size 1-3. I can't fly freely like Liir can.

No, you can't, but you can go for Xenotechs much sooner and try to get an NAP - and move past them. And you can have war fleets carrying colonizers with them and establishing new colonies past the adjacent enemy etc... I would definitely at least send scouting fleets past their colonies, you don't need to engage them.

This is harder to do with a much longer battle time limit though. Is yours still at 10 minutes?

NAP's don't get you refuel and besides before I would got to any other cluster all would be taken. You can clearly see that no one except Pink Liir expanded beyond their cluster that is because only Pink had the most luxurious one. Sure now you can see some colonies of others in different clusters but those aren't old colonies.

Yes 10 minutes.

Ok, I'm not going to push this any further, perhaps just a tip more for the (long) road. ;) Besides the "take more tankers", naturally. Take an extra colonizer. When in danger of running out of fuel, colonize anything possible. If it is a bad CH world, just for one turn to refuel all your tankers. Then discard the colony and move on.

God I hate those Liir and this frigid cheating AI. There was a planet that I couldn't colonize because of enemies. Of course white Liir had his colonizers there - After the battle he just colonized the planet - also this system was previously captured by me. Fucking fucker I say - If I didn't have enough problems on my hands I would kill him for doing this. Oh and of course Liir ships suppose to be fragile right ? This is another bullcrap - I had a duel of my Energy absorber/blazer/AA DN vs Liirian - of course he win because he has more cannons - yeah - fragile my ass... I have pushed through some systems in his main cluster - and stopped just for him to send endless waves of fleets to their demise - you can have endless supply of money - but your infrastructure is limited. After this cluster he will have one more and this will be the end of that bastard. Morrigi got a kick after assimilating Zuul empire... stupid birds but assault on their cluster is coming shortly.

Also I very hate how Human ships move in this game - luckily in SotS2 everything is like it should be. Sometimes if I put them in Pursuit stance they just sit idly and do nothing except when I "push" them. And of course there are those brilliant manoeuvres where DN's just fly into the planet... just brilliant.

I've put a very high chaos in the pinky fleet - though I am almost knocking at his Homeworld door step he is more interested in taking back lost colonies - go figure. Of course being even closer to Tarkasian cluster I see more movement from their side. Good thing that Morrigi will be left alone.

More fleets are created to control the rapid spread in the main hot zones. Soon this fourth cluster will be mine. I am ranked number 1 in global ranking leading in everything except income and technology (2 and 4 position). But that should change (at least for income) quite soon.

SV if I and White Liir will be all alone and we will be in Alliance will this game ends or will I have to murder him too?

Btw. I very very hate how this white idiot keeps inviting to alliance and few turns later after a reload from a crash he goes to NAP.

Good - will save me time to finish this - maybe I will even finish before Borderlands 2 :)

Anyway - progress bigger this time. I've almost in control of the Pink cluster and Morrigi cluster (their original). At first there was some resistance but after a while he feels the pain of limited industrial capacity. Tarka is more active like I said and hivers occasionally far cast something - it annoys me when they farcast directly on my colony. Also there is one colony of pink liir where he has like 150 units - mostly DE's - probably freighters but also Hiver has fleet of 50 DN's there last time I've checked. I can't attack it because out of memory error will happen and I don't like auto resolve - it trashes any CnC ship you got there... well I will leave it till last or maybe try to make hiver move that fleet somewhere else. Also while I was eradicating everything that was stupid enough not to surrender:

s121.jpg

Such a nice threat - too bad he doesn't have any power to support it - though he has a point there - there is no safe place in this universe as this universe ain't big enough for the scum like them. To remind you - they started war first now I am just finishing it.

Also surprise surprise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXcg6qM-tuo

Good thing he hit defended sector - but how did I loose that DN - beats me - SV any insight?

And a show how our empire spans through this universe.

s122.jpg

Pinky homeworld is within our reach - tomorrow it will probably fall into our hands.

True, there were pods! For the life of me, I can't remember ever seeing them - but it does explain how I once lost a Flagship at VN HW. Live and learn, live and learn.

Pods do not necessarily take your ship over, they can destroy it, too. I thought this only happens with CnC ships, but now I'm not so sure. I've seen nothing else except a relatively small barrage of friendly fire touch that DN, so pods would have to be the only explanation...

BTW, that last disc is hilarious.

Hmm - i've counted 3-4 pods - I don't know if this should be sufficient enough to take out a dread.

Last disc probably hit by thumpers ;)

Also I forgot to mention - I've got a few situations where my DN's rammed into a planet - and voice over "Can you believe it?" - I facepalmed and I was like "No I don't believe it - how can you ram a plannet!!". The inertia for human ships is very very bad. Good thing in SotS2 they behave like they should.