88 replies to this topic

#41 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, I want pics, empire screens and all! Sounds like you're getting the upper hand at things and I want to see the rise of our empire!

#42 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

The third cluster is more infested then I thought. By infested I mean bugs... Hivers that is and their gates. If I don't manage to destroy their gate in one go I will fight with 10 DN's next turn. So yeah. I've breached deep inside the cluster I have now access to the inner cluster where pinky has his homeworld but with so many gates I must clean this infestation or I will get Far Casted. Morrigi aren't a threat - they put some fleets for their doom but right now they seem to be quiet. Tarkas also aren't that active but they show their ugly faces sometime.

Also either Zuul or Morrigi - had a bad luck and there is a Renegade AI running somewhere. Seen only it's face once.

There is another problem that I had pleasure to meet - meaning game limits. If I put 200 ships into battle the game runs out of memory. In battle the game loads every possible ship that can take part in the battle and since this is 32 bit app there is a limit for memory. Because of that my third attempt to conquer those 2 node-less colonies failed again. Thank you auto resolve for destroying my CnC ships. Pinky has there a fleet of almost 70 DN's patrolling there because I can't make surprise attack he has 12 turns to prepare but I tricked his fleet and attacked system where there were only 20 DN's so I was hoping that my cruisers will be shot down but I will still go ahead of this. But of course it can never be too easy.

I've managed to save up  and I am almost at 700 million cash and earning 20 million per turn. I am still getting some salvage tech but the ones that I really want don't want to come up and I know they have it. I even saw Morrigi using either grav beam or pullsed grav.

I am also having fun with tractor beams in my CnC's - it maks fun to watch enemy DN's being thrown like toys.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Maybe you can find an unoccupied planet and go for it? AI usually don't have large fleets at unoccupied planets. From them you could have a good node layout and maybe surprise AI.

As for renegade AI I'd say it's Morrigi. Good thing you don't have AI researched yet because it would trigger AI rebellion on your worlds.

#44 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostVeki, on 31 August 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Maybe you can find an unoccupied planet and go for it? AI usually don't have large fleets at unoccupied planets. From them you could have a good node layout and maybe surprise AI.

As for renegade AI I'd say it's Morrigi. Good thing you don't have AI researched yet because it would trigger AI rebellion on your worlds.

There is no planet that have a link to them same as one cluster is also without access node. I could guess that Sparky flew by and ate the linking planets and I didn't see him because he was way of course towards my cluster.

Who said I don't have AI techs ;) I have all except AI virus and slaves. The trick is to research it in 1 turn to not to trigger chance for rebellion.

#45 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

I know you don't have node links to that clusters. What I meant is to go STL to that cluster to an unoccupied planet. AI should have few ships there so it will be an easier fight. From that planet you should have node links to enemy planets.

SOTS Wiki said:

If the rebel AI player meets up with another player with AI technology, there is a chance that the rebellion will spread to the new player as well.
Then you're lucky it didn't trigger AI rebellion on your worlds.

#46 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

Because I didn't meet them. Only saw it through sub space spy system because I was allied with the white liir that time.

#47 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Ah, ok then. It'll be fun should you meet AI in person. :D
You don't have AI virus available or just didn't research it yet?

#48 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Humans are very best with deep incursions. Build fast fleets, go for enemy worlds where they are most grouped. Attack the first, but try not to engage enemy fleet. First one is usually most defended.

Then start one-turn jumps (if possible, otherwise go for jumps that take least time) and you will be able to destroy their worlds with next to no opposition.

You can also go for slightly more suicidal tactics and divide your fleet after that first battle. Attack numerous planets, preferably with drivers. This should pulverize their infrastructure, leaving them with no production capability. Basically what I did with AI rebellion in Antiquarians AAR.

#49 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostVeki, on 31 August 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Ah, ok then. It'll be fun should you meet AI in person. :D
You don't have AI virus available or just didn't research it yet?

Don't have, and I don't use AI section so I might just survive it. Maybe one of the salvage techs will give it to me.

View PostSpace Voyager, on 31 August 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Humans are very best with deep incursions. Build fast fleets, go for enemy worlds where they are most grouped. Attack the first, but try not to engage enemy fleet. First one is usually most defended.

Then start one-turn jumps (if possible, otherwise go for jumps that take least time) and you will be able to destroy their worlds with next to no opposition.

You can also go for slightly more suicidal tactics and divide your fleet after that first battle. Attack numerous planets, preferably with drivers. This should pulverize their infrastructure, leaving them with no production capability. Basically what I did with AI rebellion in Antiquarians AAR.

Why should I damage their infrastructure when I can eliminate whole colony :P I am carrying 10 Assault Carriers so it demolishes imperial population quite fast.

I think you are worrying too much on my fleet management ;)

P.S. you should (or any other mod) correct that post of yours.

#50 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

It seems that game history is very limited in keeping that history. In SotS2 it keeps all the turn history so I will not show battles that had been between turn 230 and 330 because there was a lot of battles. I think I do have few screens showing at least one or two major encounters. I should either have an update today in the evening or tomorrow.

#51 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

As promised:

This is the immediate picture after I had Alliance with Liir. I know it's hardly readable but better map will be later.

Posted Image

Like I said - I don't know how they caught it - probably through trade or something.

Posted Image

This is the system that gives me the most headache

Posted Image

Our homeworld recuperated from the virus. The damage was very high.

Posted Image

This is the first encounter of Adamantine Alloyed with Absorbers Liir DN Blazer... Almost lost whole fleet because of it. Energy absorbers are too overpowered.

Posted Image

After this encounter a new cruiser design is drawn. Not that effective as I would hope. It later is replaced with assault command.

Posted Image

Just because they game still wants you to fail.

Posted Image

After 20 turns from the last update the green liir finally realises what is best for him and his people.

Posted Image

After a while we get an offer we can't refuse.

Posted Image

I figured that since I am mass producing that cruisers I will need this station and I also need extra pair of eyes.

Posted Image

Centrum dowodzenia - Command Centre or Strategy Core ;)

Posted Image

Szperacz - Seeker, should help us spot those bastards at least long enough to react and will provide almost whole system visible during defence.

At turn 300 invasion fleet for third cluster assembled. Not top of the line but carries enough fire power to kill any opposition.

Posted Image

This is how universe looks like from my perspective before the assault on the third cluster.

Posted Image

Second attempt to capture those nodeless planets. Because of the not enough memory limit. I've lost all my CnCs thanks to the autoresolve.

Posted Image

The Zuul either surrendered to the morrigi or I don't know how they are extinct.

Posted Image

Our research log.

Posted Image

And most of the salvaged projects.

Posted Image

After 30 turns we almost control half of the third cluster.

Posted Image

#52 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

After the pink is dealt with, there will be no one to oppose you. So GG. :)

#53 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Slowly pushing thorugh. Morrigi seems to gain money because of gaining Zuul worlds. When I closed in to their worlds now they are sending some fleets at me. I've gained one of the nodeless planets I've send there 100 ships and they had 100 units there waiting of course I got out of memory crash so I had to trick him.

I am currently ranked 2 in global ranking but in number of colonies I am first. In number of ships, population and production I am ranked second. So yeah keep those dreads rolling.

It's pretty hard to push with 3 fleets when you are up against 4 enemies but another fleet is being assembled and reinforcements are also being built.

#54 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Who's ranked 1st in global ranking?

#55 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

Pinky - who else :P

#56 Veki

Veki

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

For now....Posted Image

#57 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Damn fish... We'll get them soon!

Hmmmm, I feel so internally divided.

#58 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

You shouldn't. Fish are hypocrite bastards that kill innocent civilians instead of proper fighting. Their peace preaching is full of nonsense. Instead of fighting my ships they speed race towards the planet and bomb everything they can.

On a happy note. Only 3 more colonies remain in the third cluster. 2 Morrigi and 1 pinkies. Also  tarkas decided to drop by.

Their fleet of 19 DN's vs my fleet of 13 (ermm 3 ) ;)

The only counter to Energy Absorbers/Blazer/Adamntine Alloys so far are Thumpers.

#59 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Ah, if the AI had any idea how to hold the line... Or use impactors.

I hate it when tractor beams actually propel enemy ships forward instead of stopping them. Nice display of cutting beams though, absorbers gave them an almost neverending operation.

#60 silencer_pl

silencer_pl

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

They use siege drivers sometimes.

Yes I too am a bit disappointed with Tractor beam, but same effect is with grav/pulsed grav beam - though they do damage and pretty decent one. I am still cursing why the hell I can't salvage positron beams.

And with absorbes someitmes make AM Cannons fire like projector :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AAR, SotS, Human

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users